• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup same. I think these are a great option to replace the black cargo. Honestly I kinda prefer these.

In debating that as well... they definitely add some character that is appreciated.

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a "safe"place.
Quotation indicates sarcasm, irony, or satire. The whole thing is tongue and cheek but I understand tone can be missed over the internet.

To be honest 90% of fits with any Yeezys on aren't pulled off right. They just look too bulky or out of place. They don't look bad with bottoms that are like Escobar's.
The only pair I still wear consistently are the pirate black v1's. They don't have the giant spread out sole or weird heel that flips out. My belugas I just wear to the gym because anytime I put on jeans the fit just looks better with je leather highs or boots.

I think my age has an influence as well because the older I get the simpler I prefer my footwear. Don't get me wrong I still like and have a lot of sneakers, I just don't reach for them as much anymore.

sestyhype

Reaction score
?

I prefaced this with if you’re easily offended don’t read.

Anyway, i’m not sure why you’re personifying a pair of shoes. They are shoes man, not people. If you think it makes it an “unsafe” environment to “attack” shoes, then please get off styleforum or any fashion forum.

My comment about getting girls was tongue and cheek. I think you need to realize who you are dressing for. Are you dressing for men (example, will these bros realize I’m wearing off white and yeezy s) or are you dressing to appeal to women, because I bet the majority of women could care less that you’re wearing ultra limited reflective yeezy 350.

A lot of what we see on Instagram and men’s “fashion” these days, is men dressing for other men. It’s to stunt, to show off. But at the end of the day, buying sneakers for $1000 resale, isn’t going to change your life and it’s probably not going to help you get girls.

So when I made my comments, yes I was being obnoxious, but more so it was to help you get your head right. I’m probably way older than you, and trust me, I’ve spent a lot on shoes, and yes I own v1s, but you get to a point in your life where wasting your day online to get a hype pair of shoes isn’t worth it. Once you get to that point in your life, you’ll be solid. Just because something is “GR” doesn’t make it bad. And just because something sells for triple retail doesn’t make it or yourself cool (unless you want affirmation from the bros).

TL;DR: Sometimes I say things to spark conversation, don’t take things too serious on here. Spend money on clothes that make you look and feel good, not on what’s hype. UNLESS you really need affirmation from the boys of how dope your fit is.

TL;DR: you’re on a JOHN ELLIOTT thread, get the f*ck out of here with those adidas shoes ? P.S. that was a joke, not trying to offend you, but in all seriousness, JE is a Nike boi
I was neither offended nor was I protecting Adidas in anyway, fam. I'm chill man. If you were joking, I'll take it as it was. Not only that, I actually agree with most of the points you made. Personally, I never wore shoes worth more than $500 in resale value (which I actually traded up for from selling sneakers on a weekly basis). I sell a lot of my stuff (especially recently) for JE, so I think I'm on the right track now haha
Also wanna add that I wear my AJ1 royals and shadows more than any other pairs of shoes I own.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m going to preface this by saying, I may make a few people “upset” by saying this, if you’re easily offended or a hypebeast then just scroll past this post...

If you’re a “sneaker head” then you should know that yeezy is dead (and don’t get me wrong, i love [the old] Kanye). It’s V1 or nothing. Turtle doves, moon rocks, pirate blacks; anything else is trash and dated at this point.

Maybe 500/700 have a little life in them, but if you look at drop days and resell, probably not. If you’re buying 350s, just don’t. if it isn’t v1 or one of the recent reflective drops, it’s barely selling for over retail (+fees/ship)

Honestly, at this point, it’s truly “checks over stripes”, and if you haven’t figured that out yet, you’re behind the game or a 15 year old hypebeast.

I see a lot of people posting pics in v2s and it looks terrible. Unless you’re wearing an “athletic” outfit, don’t even put them on, and please do yourself a favor and don’t wear them with jeans. Save your money and go buy some AJ1s or better yet, just go buy some common projects.

TL; DR: Yeezys are dead, especially V2.

Do yourself a favor; grow up and buy some simple, clean, timeless shoes. Your “fits” and likely your girl will thank you for it

A lot of what you said goes against what being a sneaker head is all about LOL. You’re basing this all off of what’s hype at the moment and how people should dictate their sneaker purchases off going trends. That is not what being a sneaker head is about. Being a sneaker head is loving kicks for the kicks and not some outside factors that change PERCEPTION of a particular sneaker. You described a hypebeast, NOT a true sneaker head.

TARSKY

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the name of this pair of Cast 2s are? It says season 9, but I can't figure it out?

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

CantTouchThis

Reaction score
I snagged those semi frozen yellows to replace my dying gym shoes. Anyone have experience working out in yeezy?

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I snagged those semi frozen yellows to replace my dying gym shoes. Anyone have experience working out in yeezy?
worked out in ultras for a bit but pretty trash in my opinion. Too much cushion and not a lot of support. If you’re doing just upper it would be fine but get a real training shoe for sure. Nobull, strike movement and nike metcons are typically my go to.

ANYWAYS! back to JE

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're terrible gym shoes. Anything with a cushioned sole in general are not good gym shoes if you're doing anything that requires a stable base.
I pretty much only wear them on days I do isolated arm, chest, or core workouts.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're terrible gym shoes. Anything with a cushioned sole in general are not good gym shoes if you're doing anything that requires a stable base.
I pretty much only wear them on days I do isolated arm, chest, or core workouts.

What if it’s an upper body day?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads