• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone with the Poppy board shorts ever just wear them out other than the beach or pool?

It's 100 degrees with humidity rising and I'm gonna be at an outdoor concert all afternoon/night.
Was just gonna wear some Outlier Neways but thinking about the Poppy's.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rhude steel toes are overpriced

Probably a little, but with those materials and in a 50 unit PO, I’m sure manufacturing was not cheap. I’m blown away by the economics of it more than anything. Dude just made 40k in revenue in 30 seconds, so I’m left wondering how many pairs he actually could have sold at $795/pop?

Man I bought some vans OG checkerboards, they are so uncomfortable. I can’t wear them without socks because the canvas tears up the skin on my feet. I have common project slip on as well, and those are like butter.

Yep, the Vault OG slip-ons are painful. Fortunately the EG versions are built differently, they’re a hundred times more comfortable.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone with the Poppy board shorts ever just wear them out other than the beach or pool?

It's 100 degrees with humidity rising and I'm gonna be at an outdoor concert all afternoon/night.
Outlier new ways are so clutch, that’s what I’m wearing currently. But wear the poppy’s, just keep it simple up top

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably a little, but with those materials and in a 50 unit PO, I’m sure manufacturing was not cheap. I’m blown away by the economics of it more than anything. Dude just made 40k in revenue in 30 seconds, so I’m left wondering how many pairs he actually could have sold at $795/pop?

Yep, the Vault OG slip-ons are painful. Fortunately the EG versions are built differently, they’re a hundred times more comfortable.
What’s so special about the materials? The lighter tops cost a lot these days? The versions without the metal are $200 cheaper

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yup. I will be wearing them regularly this year. Thanks for reminding me I have those.

sestyhype

Reaction score

Definitely gonna be wearing them more often outside the pool than in one. I live in AZ and it started hitting 100+ degrees as it does every year. Picked up the poppy shorts just couple days ago knowing I'd be wearing them casually.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poppy shorts are fine for casual since they are lined. The nylon doesn’t really touch your skin too much. The Velcro gets annoying after a while though.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any fit pics of the crimson shorts or nylon mountain shorts?

Last edited:

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you guys think vans are uncomfortable, you guys would what slp sells (sold). Their skates felt like some Zara shoes

CantTouchThis

Reaction score
First kake cop! Anyone have any experience with the modular kake? seems like a very versatile and dope piece.

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poppy shorts turned out to be a great choice. The lining makes a bigger difference in comfort than I thought.
Wore a white Anti Expo 1.0. I wish they'd make the Anti Expo in the old cotton and just call it a summer weight. It's far more comfortable in the heat and humidity than the revised version.

due_dilla

Reaction score
JE makes it so easy to look good.
273710B9-B194-44DC-8FD1-80D9AE339D45.jpeg

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poppy shorts turned out to be a great choice. The lining makes a bigger difference in comfort than I thought.
Wore a white Anti Expo 1.0. I wish they'd make the Anti Expo in the old cotton and just call it a summer weight. It's far more comfortable in the heat and humidity than the revised version.

I have a charcoal and whatever the off white color was called on those. Love the fabric too. I don’t like the length but I don’t really want to attempt to cut them since you can’t buy them anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads