• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

edgar-pr

Reaction score
I don't know if I'm crazy but I'm considering trading / selling my Poppy bowling shirt to get the ivory Bougainvillea

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm crazy but I'm considering trading / selling my Poppy bowling shirt to get the ivory Bougainvillea
I have both and honestly prefer the poppy more, it’s just easier to wear than the ivory. I feel like the ivory only works well with white pants or really light colored jeans which I don’t wear often.

edgar-pr

Reaction score
why not have both?

Because I'm not getting as much wear out of my poppy shirt as I'd like

I have both and honestly prefer the poppy more, it’s just easier to wear than the ivory. I feel like the ivory only works well with white pants or really light colored jeans which I don’t wear often.

Thats really interesting! The whole reason I was considering switching was because I imagined the ivory might be more versatile for summer fits i.e. goes with both light and dark bottoms haha. Would be great to see what other people think on the whole Poppy vs. Bougainvillea thing (its difficult to make up my own mind without trying it on). Thanks though!

flipsilk

Reaction score
why not have both?

Ive got both. When i like something i tend to buy the black or white version. The ivory shirt pairs well with black bottoms. I rock em with jet black cutoffs from Levis and checkerboard vans slipons to great effect and many compliments.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off topic, but I remember some of you guys grabbing the first run of FoG Skylons. How’d y’all size on those compared to other Nikes?

Also, anybody get stupid lucky on the Rhude steel toes yesterday afternoon?

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because I'm not getting as much wear out of my poppy shirt as I'd like

Thats really interesting! The whole reason I was considering switching was because I imagined the ivory might be more versatile for summer fits i.e. goes with both light and dark bottoms haha. Would be great to see what other people think on the whole Poppy vs. Bougainvillea thing (its difficult to make up my own mind without trying it on). Thanks though!
I’ve got both as well and I prefer the Poppy way more. Ivory is a lot more silky and thinner and I much prefer the thickness and sturdiness of the Poppy. I like the Poppy just because it isn’t as loud but looks more fire to me.

sestyhype

Reaction score
Not a bowling shirt but I have the poppy swim shorts and the print looks fire on pics, but look even better in person

quickstruck

Reaction score
Thumper, replica tee, cargos

Attachments

• 7AA42710-2305-44CE-8BED-FAE75C22AAB2.jpeg
    7AA42710-2305-44CE-8BED-FAE75C22AAB2.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 81

chris_rosario

Reaction score
Off topic, but I remember some of you guys grabbing the first run of FoG Skylons. How’d y’all size on those compared to other Nikes?

Also, anybody get stupid lucky on the Rhude steel toes yesterday afternoon?
Speaking of Skylons I feel like they run a half size small. I’m usually a 9.5 and these are a bit snug. I ordered today’s drop in a 10. Also wearing the white basalt here (excuse the mess) 6F305B92-CC16-4FEB-B3F8-9D9F930A57EC.jpeg FA6B4FD7-ADA7-474C-BD23-9DC7E69F527E.jpeg

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive got both. When i like something i tend to buy the black or white version. The ivory shirt pairs well with black bottoms. I rock em with jet black cutoffs from Levis and checkerboard vans slipons to great effect and many compliments.
Man I bought some vans OG checkerboards, they are so uncomfortable. I can’t wear them without socks because the canvas tears up the skin on my feet. I have common project slip on as well, and those are like butter.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vans are by far the most uncomfortable shoes of all time.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I did that. The boughivillea works much better for warmer weather and the material is nicer

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads