• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just noticed this:

dunno bout how its styled here or maybe it looks a little cropped?
I think it is cropped, this shirt in particular looks to be a “cut off”. The hem on the sleeves and at the waist are raw, so I think that’s the intended look. I think it’s pretty cool.

It reminds me of the season seven military double layer shirt, without the double layer, of if you cut it off, which I tried to do and messed up. Prob should have taken it to a tailor.

Anyway, it’s a cool shirt. That being said, as I get older and have less disposable income (kids are expensive), I really have to be selective on what I pick up and when I do it (ie sale szn vs full price), this is an item I’d pick up if the price was right, currently I can’t justify it without my wife utterly destroying me...

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it is cropped, this shirt in particular looks to be a “cut off”. The hem on the sleeves and at the waist are raw, so I think that’s the intended look. I think it’s pretty cool.

It reminds me of the season seven military double layer shirt, without the double layer, of if you cut it off, which I tried to do and messed up. Prob should have taken it to a tailor.

Anyway, it’s a cool shirt. That being said, as I get older and have less disposable income (kids are expensive), I really have to be selective on what I pick up and when I do it (ie sale szn vs full price), this is an item I’d pick up if the price was right, currently I can’t justify it without my wife utterly destroying me...

This shirt is sick in person. Saw it at Nordstrom.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A4AD7F1F-F1E1-4247-9914-722C93860E75.png

And so it begins... ?? RiRi ?

Last edited:

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally copped the JE East LA Bowling shirt (Small, Black in Sharks and Razor Print, reminiscent of SLP camp shirts) off NeedSupply with additional EXTRA20.. been wanting it too long, now a great price. I hope the sizing is the same as Bougainvillea camp shirt, cuz those ones fits perfect on me..(Final sale tho) .. Cant wait!!!

I think the East LA print looks cool, but do we know what it means? Why are sharks, saw blades, and "Rebels" East LA?

mookiej

Reaction score
Fit is nice and relaxed. I like the combination of terry and nylon, it makes them feel special when ever I put them on. That said, they have a lot of nylon and sound like it when you are walking around. If that doesn’t bother you, I think they are a great piece. I just picked these up at Saks for a very good price. https://m.saks.com/pd.jsp?productCo...3767&P_name=John+Elliott&Ntt=john+elliott&N=0
have you tried washing them? I was debating them but noticed they are labelled "dry clean only". Seems too much maintenance for a pair of shorts. Was wondering if I could get away with a cold delicate wash / hang dry instead.

hermesonly

Reaction score
I think the East LA print looks cool, but do we know what it means? Why are sharks, saw blades, and "Rebels" East LA?
I know right?.. I didn’t get it.. according to Needsupply description it’s East LA.. on Ssense it’s Black Sawblade Bowling Shirt (Which makes sense).. it’s on the way to me soon, looking forward to wear it asap

Kde5

Reaction score
I know that it might have been asked many times before but what size would you suggest me to get of tie dye basketball shorts ? I'm 6'1 athletic built, quite big thighs, 209 lbs. I mostly wear L, for example in soccer shorts, but I assume basketball shorts fit way bigger, should I size down ?

BTW what's your opinion on the cast 2 sour skittles?

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know that it might have been asked many times before but what size would you suggest me to get of tie dye basketball shorts ? I'm 6'1 athletic built, quite big thighs, 209 lbs. I mostly wear L, for example in soccer shorts, but I assume basketball shorts fit way bigger, should I size down ?

BTW what's your opinion on the cast 2 sour skittles?

6’1 209 in a Medium!? Lol don’t do it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads