• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I were to kop, would be jacquard. It's not that hard to wear. See: Engineered Garments, Dries.

thecast

Reaction score
RIPSTOP is used in the manufacturing of KITES and PARACHUTES! JE is not a technical outerwear design house so why would you expect it?

htw

Reaction score
I think you'd like the Obsidian too. They are obviously more rigid than JE's washed denim, but they are comfortable straight out of the packaging. I went as tight as I could go on my D02s, and those have barely stretched. These will definitely break-in more quickly.

For a pair of slp raw black to break in completely I say it'd take 50+ wears (from experience of owning 10+ pairs of D02 and 3 pairs of raw black D02s). It gets softer and more shiny with wear and as a result the waistband would feel like "loosened up" because it's softer, note that SLP jeans don't really stretch like most other brand jeans. JE jeans definitely live up to the expectation from the brand of prioritizing comfort over anything else.

jtj48

Reaction score
RIPSTOP is used in the manufacturing of KITES and PARACHUTES! JE is not a technical outerwear design house so why would you expect it?

Because at that price point people expect something more than abject ****.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I definitely don't need an overshirt at the moment but I really love all three colors of this. Didn't love gray at first, but am sold after the IG pic they posted. Sweet spot for me would be $228, any more than that and I won't be dissapinted about missing out.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I definitely don't need an overshirt at the moment but I really love all three colors of this. Didn't love gray at first, but am sold after the IG pic they posted. Sweet spot for me would be $228, any more than that and I won't be dissapinted about missing out.
I'm sure it's going to be closer to $400. The regular dresshirts run around $200. This is likely thicker, has those waist fasteners and is being described as an "overshirt". Just a random note, it looks like they finally updated the buttons to "mother of pearl" buttons from those plastic black ones. Small win!

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's going to be closer to $400. The regular dresshirts run around $200. This is likely thicker, has those waist fasteners and is being described as an "overshirt". Just a random note, it looks like they finally updated the buttons to "mother of pearl" buttons from those plastic black ones. Small win!
As nice as they are, there is no way I'd bite at that price. I do get that they have extra "features" but I can buy the ripstop jacket or a pair of denim for that much. You may be right though, they're hyping it up a bit on IG.

leFLOPjames

Reaction score
Just a random note, it looks like they finally updated the buttons to "mother of pearl" buttons from those plastic black ones. Small win!
I feel like they should be using snap buttons, but if they are better quality than the ones on the red brushed flannel for example, I would be happy, depending on the price. The wool bomber from S6 used mother of pearl buttons and they are great, much better than what they've used recently.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea don't forget how JE priced that olive and navy overshirt ($440) a couple seasons ago.

MuskieFan

Reaction score
As cooler weather approaches, I've been wanting a black denim jacket more and more. After seeing @nsubrmnn 's post on the 3sixteen Type 3, I looked into it and pulled the trigger. If anyone wants a longer denim jacket, I think it's awesome for the price. A bit different (not as nice) of a style compared to what you guys usually post but here are a few more pics of the jacket for those of you who may be in the market...
-Midnight villain
37052200676_e1e2b59e58_z.jpg

-slate oversized thermal (shrunk it in the wash by mistake)
37099841561_675d546cfd_z.jpg

lavender grits

Reaction score
As nice as they are, there is no way I'd bite at that price. I do get that they have extra "features" but I can buy the ripstop jacket or a pair of denim for that much. You may be right though, they're hyping it up a bit on IG.

Yes. The diamond jacquard was one of my favorite pieces from the lookbook but anywhere north of $300 and I'm liable to save that money for more substantial outerwear (stadium/overcoat).

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As cooler weather approaches, I've been wanting a black denim jacket more and more. After seeing @nsubrmnn 's post on the 3sixteen Type 3, I looked into it and pulled the trigger. If anyone wants a longer denim jacket, I think it's awesome for the price. A bit different (not as nice) of a style compared to what you guys usually post but here are a few more pics of the jacket for those of you who may be in the market...
-Midnight villain
37052200676_e1e2b59e58_z.jpg

-slate oversized thermal (shrunk it in the wash by mistake)
37099841561_675d546cfd_z.jpg
How do you like it? I love mine

MuskieFan

Reaction score
How do you like it? I love mine
Honestly couldn't be happier. It's the fit I wanted, construction seems awesome and I love the corduroy details. The only other denim jacket I have is an Acne one, and feel like I got ripped off with that now. Looking forward to seeing how your shadow selvedge one fades because I may grab that one down the road

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grabbed the bone overshirt. I went tts so hopefully fit is ideal for tee or a hoodie.

Noticed that dope bomber too.

1B632463-E7CB-404E-9458-E08C7EA195C7.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads