• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WDD_Blog

Reaction score

CandH23

Reaction score

niyengar

Reaction score
Just noticed this thread here on SF (a little outside my usual topics), but thought I might ask your opinion on a John Elliott shirt I bought this summer. I've written about the experience on my blog:

http://welldresseddad.com/2016/09/09/consumer-advocate-what-can-you-expect-from-an-expensive-shirt/

John Elliott customer service are very reluctant to comment on my experience. Pretty disappointing on all accounts!
Interesting read. Sorry to hear about your experiences with the brand! On the other hand, I bought a sweatshirt on grailed and they said that they could process an exchange for me due to the faulty stitching. I was surprised because I didn't buy the shirt myself. I'm not sure waht causes these differences to come about.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just noticed this thread here on SF (a little outside my usual topics), but thought I might ask your opinion on a John Elliott shirt I bought this summer. I've written about the experience on my blog:

http://welldresseddad.com/2016/09/09/consumer-advocate-what-can-you-expect-from-an-expensive-shirt/

John Elliott customer service are very reluctant to comment on my experience. Pretty disappointing on all accounts!

I'm sure most people on this forum, myself included, can attest to JE incredible customer service. I know it seems that they may have mistreated the situation, but the product was purchased elsewhere so you should go through their (Harvey Nichols) customer service first. Glad to see Harvey Nichols helped you out, but I'm sure if they would have failed you, JE would have stepped in and done right by you.

beezyb

Reaction score
Any info on the washed classic crews restocking anytime soon? Specifically looking for the washed black...

hyyvii

Reaction score
raw edge is easy to throw on whenever necessary and easy to layer under other jackets...but looks like a normal hoodie. Obviously fit and details are key for that sweatshirt.

Mercer half-zips aren't as cozy as the raw edge hoodie, but i like them a lot. Zips, fit and the mercer cut look awesome. Can't go wrong with either.

Im stuck between the two as well in specific Alpine Raglan Hoodie or Alpine Mercer Half Zip

anthoh

Reaction score
I'm sure most people on this forum, myself included, can attest to JE incredible customer service. I know it seems that they may have mistreated the situation, but the product was purchased elsewhere so you should go through their (Harvey Nichols) customer service first. Glad to see Harvey Nichols helped you out, but I'm sure if they would have failed you, JE would have stepped in and done right by you.
agreed, JE has been excellent to me in terms of customer service and is one of the main reasons I stay a loyal customer.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I understand your frustration but imo not any vendors if any would have done much for you unless you bought the shirt from them. Anything I bought from JE, they have backed it with great customer service and replacement when needed. Generally the store you buy from takes care of issues.

Jflo301

Reaction score

Sorry you had a bad experience but I had a similar problem happen to me recently. I purchased the nylon pullover from a JE stockist and it ripped the moment I tried it on, contacted JE customer service about it and they initially told me the same thing, that I needed to contact the stockist. After a few emails back and forth JE ended up sending me a brand new pullover because I'm guessing the stockist didn't want to do anything about my issue.

peter1234930

Reaction score
Anyone pick up the OG wool coat JE released? The one that retailed ~$1100? Seems like that coat has been purged from the internet - I've never seen a fit pic or a listing for it.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here are the size guides for our Blackmeans collaboration. We recommend taking the same size in your Rider's as our Main Line version.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads