• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gentlypfister

Reaction score
No offense to gentlypfister but not remotely in the same league. Any chair marketed for "gamers" you should stay far away from (Herman Miller/Logitech collab aside) if you care about your back.

If an office chair has side bolsters like you're supposedly going to be pulling lateral Gs in it, that's a no for me. It's a chair, not a Ferrari.

Durability is also a concern when you're talking leather-backed chairs, no matter how much marketing they do about how it isn't a concern. You won't be seeing 25 year old Secret Labs chairs in tip-top shape like you do Aerons.

Used Aerons run like ~400 ish.

Looks great to me. Love the color combo going on here too.

Yea all valid points - And I can't speak to the longevity of this thing. I have had maybe 6 months? The Aeron I had was made for super tall/heavy people so it wasn't a good fit anyway - hence why this may feel like an upgrade in my case.

All I can say is that the secret lab has been good for me the last 6 months - i do switch between it and standing throughout the day too.

gentlypfister

Reaction score
Whats your height / weight ? sizing up a size would be my pref. Im guessing M isnt your TTS.

5'9" 175. Yea i'm almost always a L but sometimes am between sizes at my height. All depends on the cut of the top. For instance, I have a bunch of Anti Expos - all size L. But I tried the sundrenched folsom in L and I was swimming in it and would need a M. Not sure if that helps but it sucks when I'm in between on these thing . For $400, I want to love how it fits.

a feline mage

Reaction score
Yea all valid points - And I can't speak to the longevity of this thing. I have had maybe 6 months? The Aeron I had was made for super tall/heavy people so it wasn't a good fit anyway - hence why this may feel like an upgrade in my case.

All I can say is that the secret lab has been good for me the last 6 months - i do switch between it and standing throughout the day too.

Yeah if you had a mis-sized Aeron, I could definitely see why it would be a bad fit. The seat lip can dig into your thighs if you're not sized correctly, the back can fit weird. Most people are a B. I assume you were probably sitting in a C, the biggest size. I'm a B, and when I sat in a C, it cut off circulation to my legs lol.

So the wisdom I've always heard/stood by for long-term office chairs (8+ hours a day over years of use) is that if you would describe it as "comfortable" .. it's not good for your back long-term. An ergonomic chair that's good for your back will feel "neutral" when you sit in it. Kind of like a Goldilocks situation.. not too comfortable, not too uncomfortable. If it's super comfortable, that means the chair is likely supporting you unnaturally in some way, which could lead to imbalance issues in your back muscles/posture.

If you're getting up often you're probably offsetting a lot of this anyway, just something to keep in mind as the years go on. Hell, standing all day or one of those yoga balls is much better than even an Aeron.

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5'9" 175. Yea i'm almost always a L but sometimes am between sizes at my height. All depends on the cut of the top. For instance, I have a bunch of Anti Expos - all size L. But I tried the sundrenched folsom in L and I was swimming in it and would need a M. Not sure if that helps but it sucks when I'm in between on these thing . For $400, I want to love how it fits.

hemi's never fit perfect imo , you always want something more out of it. best just to embrace the fit.

a feline mage

Reaction score
PS. I still want those when your done with them. Don't think I forgot.

Baby on the way in August and you all have scared me with the children destroying clothes comments - I always remember @jclark216 talkin' bout cheeto fingers ? - so they may be a casualty.

But you have kids too so clearly you're just a mad man!

cutemelon

Reaction score
I like my Paloma. Can I expect the same thing from the other Hemis?
I definitely need to pick up more colors.

Last edited:

diegoboomin

Reaction score
F*** UPS, they marked my order as delivered and it never got here ? Has anyone experienced this issue in the past?

I reached out to JE customer care, hope they can help

a feline mage

Reaction score
Congrats my man! Boy or girl?

Congrats. Yes just be ready. Your shirt will be the canvas ?

Thanks dudes! Not sure yet btw Razor, still early days.

F*** UPS, they marked my order as delivered and it never got here ? Has anyone experienced this issue in the past?

I reached out to JE customer care, hope they can help

'Round my way that usually means that the UPS dude didn't have time to deliver it for whatever reason but doesn't want to **** his metrics up. I'd give it like a 80% chance at mysteriously showing up at your door tomorrow. **** happens to me all the time with FedEx and UPS.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics