• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

drumsdrumsdrums

Reaction score
Anyone have the field trouser cargos here? Trying to gather some data and decide whether to go with those or find another cargo

finnbarrh

Reaction score
Just got in my newest purchase. Cast 2 coast 2, love the wash but they fit a lot baggier than my other cast 2 I have (nimbus) especially around the calf/shin area. Both same size. Anyone know why this is the case? Is the coast 2 meant to be a slightly baggier fit, not as much of a fan. Pics below comparing the 2.
E65AB4BA-C5FE-4B55-8AB1-CC0B4D76EEAA.png
C5CA5D24-51B9-448D-9457-82EE36EF64CD.jpeg

pat.v.d

Reaction score
Really appreciate that JE included 28s in the Daze restock. Looking forward to seeing the new washes in hand!
Just got in my newest purchase. Cast 2 coast 2, love the wash but they fit a lot baggier than my other cast 2 I have (nimbus) especially around the calf/shin area. Both same size. Anyone know why this is the case?
I think that the nimbus are known to fit significantly slimmer than other Cast 2 washes.

finnbarrh

Reaction score
Really appreciate that JE included 28s in the Daze restock. Looking forward to seeing the new washes in hand!

I think that the nimbus are known to fit significantly slimmer than other Cast 2 washes.
Thanks man that sucks? only bought the nimbus couple months ago and thought I found my perfect denim. Was about to buy every wash lol back to searching I guess

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got in my newest purchase. Cast 2 coast 2, love the wash but they fit a lot baggier than my other cast 2 I have (nimbus) especially around the calf/shin area. Both same size. Anyone know why this is the case? Is the coast 2 meant to be a slightly baggier fit, not as much of a fan. Pics below comparing the 2. View attachment 1690079 View attachment 1690080
All clothing has acceptable size tolerances
Here is a good article from Hamilton shirts
For example, in denim in general, the accepted size tolerance in the waist is usually +/- 1/2 inch. What that means, is if you went to the Levi’s store and tried on two pairs of the exact same 501s, they both would fit slightly different. This factor is just taking into account variations in the cutting and sewing process. You also have to take into consideration the processes that occurs after the piece is cut & sewn, specifically the wash process. Remember this denim is made by hand, so every piece is going to be unique. And as was mentioned certain denim washes (coast vs nimbus) and certain runs end up fitting tighter or looser than others. If you are really in love with the cast 2 coast 2, it might be worth trying another same size and one down. If you can get to a store that carries it, even better.
From your picture, I think they both look good and honestly the the way your coast 2 fit is more in line with denim trends currently. ??‍♂️

finnbarrh

Reaction score
All clothing has acceptable size tolerances
Here is a good article from Hamilton shirts
For example, in denim in general, the accepted size tolerance in the waist is usually +/- 1/2 inch. What that means, is if you went to the Levi’s store and tried on two pairs of the exact same 501s, they both would fit slightly different. This factor is just taking into account variations in the cutting and sewing process. You also have to take into consideration the processes that occurs after the piece is cut & sewn, specifically the wash process. Remember this denim is made by hand, so every piece is going to be unique. And as was mentioned certain denim washes (coast vs nimbus) and certain runs end up fitting tighter or looser than others. If you are really in love with the cast 2 coast 2, it might be worth trying another same size and one down. If you can get to a store that carries it, even better.
From your picture, I think they both look good and honestly the the way your coast 2 fit is more in line with denim trends currently. ??‍♂️
Thanks for the reply man, definitely understand that. However the difference is extremely noticeable when u lay them on top of each other. Waist fits pretty much exactly the same however just honestly seems like a different cut all together. The nimbus is literally tight around my calf where as I’d say this feels like baggy round there not even fitted to it. And yeah get that most people would probably prefer the baggier look nowadays but I don’t so yeah. Got these proxied from someone as I live in the uk so can’t return and try another pair and wouldn’t size down as the waist I don’t think would allow me to. Just disappointed??‍♂️

Bimmer93

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply man, definitely understand that. However the difference is extremely noticeable when u lay them on top of each other. Waist fits pretty much exactly the same however just honestly seems like a different cut all together. The nimbus is literally tight around my calf where as I’d say this feels like baggy round there not even fitted to it. And yeah get that most people would probably prefer the baggier look nowadays but I don’t so yeah. Got these proxied from someone as I live in the uk so can’t return and try another pair and wouldn’t size down as the waist I don’t think would allow me to. Just disappointed??‍♂️
Put that sewing machine in your pic background to use and stitch up some calf huggers!

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nimbus fits super slim. That’s the slimmest cast 2 I own (Avalons are the same way) Maybe due to the wash. I sized up on my nimbus now.

thatsoutbro

Reaction score
Any silhouettes besides the crew you guys would like to see in Replica?

+1 for a quarter zip

side note I would love to see the vintage heather grey color used on the folsom tee in a heavyweight la sweatpants release with cuffs that stay up. Not sure if it’s possible but it’s dream.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads