• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

isculpt

Reaction score
Any silhouettes besides the crew you guys would like to see in Replica?
Dear lord, if you resurrect the Raglan Hoodie in replica fleece, I'd throw money at the screen.
Also I think people would love to see the Zip up replica hoodies back as well.

isculpt

Reaction score
Got my replica stuff in, thanks @MIKE_JE

I thought I’d give you guys my initial thoughts…
View attachment 1689359 View attachment 1689360
MATERIALS:

When I opened the package I was impressed by the weight of these items. They are hefty, burly materials. They weigh a ton. Perfect for cold midwestern winters, TBH I’m not even sure it is cold enough in the south to warrant these yet, but damn are they cozy.

the fleece is a heavy 26oz fleeced terry. Similar to the previous replica stuff. The hand feel is dry and crisp.

View attachment 1689363 View attachment 1689364
I think because of the dyeing process the material has “structure” to it. Which is something I miss with a lot of the other Mainline JE offerings. That structure is what allows it to “stack” rather than bunch up at the hems/cuffs. I remember my older replica stuff having a similar hand feel initially; after numerous washes the dry/crisp feeling dissipated. That isn’t a bad thing, the material grew soft to the touch with wear and washes and now is one of my favorite items I own…hefty but soft with some structure.

COLOR:
I opted for the vintage black. In my mind I was hoping for something similar to the prior replica black.
View attachment 1689365
as you can see in the pic above, the previous iteration of replica stuff was a deep, saturated garment dyed black (maybe not as black as fabric dyed black, but what do you expect with garment dying?).
View attachment 1689368 when compared to the vintage black (left), the OG replica black (right) is far more saturated. The garment dye process gives it the subtle faded vintage look, but it isn’t overwhelming or washed out. (This piece has been washed more times than I can count and still looks great imo). The vintage black (which JE has used a handful of times before) is more of a charcoal; reminiscent of a (wait for it) vintage black sweatshirt. I’ve been seeing this color a lot as of late, and to be honest, I’m not sure how I feel about it. The vintage black has more red/green undertones to it, whereas the OG black has more blue undertones. I’m not sure how they made the vintage black, but it looks like a garment dyed sweatshirt with a pigment dye treatment. The effect is cool, but I worry if we will run into the same issue the 26oz (GOAT) LA sweatpants had; ie color transfer, especially with spot cleaning. If it is pigment dyed, we can expect a bit of crocking, so maybe not a great of idea to wear with whites until washed. @MIKE_JE, any insight/help regarding the dyeing process would be helpful.
The other issue I have with the color a personal one; a lot of my wardrobe is saturated black. Sometimes the juxtaposition of vintage black against true black can be stark. The plus side is, this piece will work well with all the washed out colors this season; so if you’ve purchased a lot this season from JE or have a lot of washed out earth tones/vintage items you should be good.

FIT:
View attachment 1689370
The fit is hands down the best I’ve seen JE produce. I went with a medium in both the top and the bottoms. I’m 5’10” 160lbs, mostly all legs, usually a 29/30 in denim, small in everything else. I usually go with a medium in all terry bottoms, I’m not a big fan of tight sweatpants. My wife is also know for drying my terry ?. Thank god this stuff is garment dyed (minimal shrinkage)

View attachment 1689371
I couldn’t be happier with the fit. I think it’s perfectly oversized. Not too big and not too skinny. Perfectly “slim” pants and a OS cropped hoodie ?. I have overly long legs and the pants hit right at my ankles. The hoodie fits a little under my belt line (yes it’s cropped). I am not sure I could pull off a small, it likely would have been way too cropped on me. The sleeves are long, but due to the structure they more so stack rather than bunching at the cuff. the hood is small as is the neck hole. I’d be lying if I didn’t say that it wasn’t a tad hard to get on and off, but it wasn’t impossible by any means. Short end of the story. I’d say, If in doubt about the sizing of the hoodie, I’d say size up; a little extra room and length never hurt anyone.

CONSTRUCTION:
All the construction is beautiful. I didn’t see any frays or crooked seams. Everything looked put together exceptionally well. One thing worth mentioning is that the hoodie is based off the OS cropped hoodie, therefore the construction is different than the replica crew. View attachment 1689375
The crew used top stitched seams on top of the shoulders and double top stitched seams at the joint; the replica hoodie on the other hand uses simple seams.
View attachment 1689382 View attachment 1689384 The only place where this varies is on the back of the hood, where it looks like the hood is secured using flat felled seam. On the interior side the serged hem is covered using taping, which is a nice touch (I’m guessing to prevent irritation along your neck?).

SIZING:
Go true to size in the sweatpants, and either true to size on the hoodie or size up one depending on how you want it to fit (if in doubt, size up)

CONCLUSION:
These replica products are very, very nice. They are constructed beautifully, the fit is on point, and the materials are grandiose. It’s everything you’d expect for what it costs, this isn’t something you’re going to get in hand and question it’s value. You can feel it when you pick it up. I’m excited to see how this material ages with some wear and washes. I imagine it will soften up like my old replica crew, and if true this is going to be something that I’ll have for ages.
All said I do love this replica group, but I do hope for a few things.
1. I do hope we end up getting a crewneck. 2. I’d love to see this material used for mainline. I think we could forego the pigment dye/vintage treatment and stick with a regular dye or just garment dye process. I’d love to see a bit more saturation in the colors and a more palatable price point, but that’s just me being greedy and wanting more.

Anyway, I’ll try to capture some pics in the morning.
✌?
"It’s everything you’d expect for what it costs, this isn’t something you’re going to get in hand and question it’s value. "
Absolutely agree and this is coming from someone who's been vocal about JE price hikes. The replica fleece Hoodie is by far my most expensive hoodie/sweatshirt I've bought but I like it more and more every day. My favorite part has to the unique dusty/vintage texture they were able to put on it, it's almost as if there's a fine powder on it.

jay7645

Reaction score
Hi guys, just got my replica hoodie medium from the post, was wondering if anyone is finding the hood area really really tight when slipping it on (I might just have a big head), but it was nice and loose for the OG oversized crop for me. Pretty bumped out, hoping its just a defect.

itman15

Reaction score
More colours in the replica hoodie and tees would do it for me, idk if the sun-drenched effect of the folsoms would be achievable with this heavier fabric? Could be interesting

m0butt

Reaction score
Hi guys, just got my replica hoodie medium from the post, was wondering if anyone is finding the hood area really really tight when slipping it on (I might just have a big head), but it was nice and loose for the OG oversized crop for me. Pretty bumped out, hoping its just a defect.
Seems to be a common thing.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any silhouettes besides the crew you guys would like to see in Replica?

Appreciate the acknowledgement of the crew. Looking forward to that down the road. My ask would actually be for color as opposed to another silhouette beyond the crew. Many of us (See @nsubrmnn ‘s review) would LOVE to see the return of the Washed Black used on the OG Replica. That is by far the GOAT color. Is that possible? Also, can you give some insight into the production of that color and maybe why it hasn’t seen a return to this point?

Bimmer93

Reaction score
Awesome analysis and review. I too would love to know if the vintage black replica hoodie should be avoided for any kind of spot cleaning and if it’s a delicate dye that would fade/smudge before I inevitably spill coffee on it
Assuming it’s the same as the original (which I’m pretty sure it is based on side by side comparison), I would not spot clean. I was one of the first to make that mistake a couple years ago and resulted in a near white patch, which others experienced soon after.

Washing them will result in more even fade, and in some cases, the loose dye actually darkens some of the previous fade spots.

On that note, there is a TON of loose dye in these. My washed navy from original run stained my dryer bright indigo and continue to bleed dye after ~10 washes, albeit much less now. Definitely wash separately for your first couple washes.

Actually glad the drawstrings are tonal now, as mine ended up that way anyways after washing.

aaronj15

Reaction score
for people with the OG LA sweats and the new replica sweats, is there a noticeable difference in the cuff opening and how that affects the stacking/bunching? Do you have a preference to either?

ggss09

Reaction score
an OG Kake Mock in 26oz fleeced terry would be sweet in classic mainline colours (black, dark grey)

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
daze restock live

Onohediint

Reaction score

The neck hole feels smaller for most people I believe. Yours is prob no different.

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DFF13822-0D95-45AC-B6E7-FD9EE770FCB4.jpeg
Replica LA sweats are nice ! I’ll give y’all a review in a few days if I can with the replica hoodie .

cashmere LA’s are still the ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics