• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thatsoutbro

Reaction score
I got things falling apart on cold wash hang dry ?… your instructions scare the **** out of me.

Same I don’t even want to talk about my 1st run AAU experience.. but here’s a crappy pic for now. Definitely prefer this fit vs a size down.
508EFDB9-585F-4965-A884-A8E094833957.jpeg

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m honestly tempted to try it on my Butte in hopes the sleeves and overall length shorten up - @thatsoutbro How much did each of those areas shrink?

thatsoutbro

Reaction score
I’m honestly tempted to try it on my Butte in hopes the sleeves and overall length shorten up - @thatsoutbro How much did each of those areas shrink?

Those were my same problem areas (sleeves and length) but now they fit like my cinder. I’ll get some better comparison pics up in a few hours before you make the commitment.

Nightlines

Reaction score
Replica stuff came in today. UPS delivered later than normal so didn’t have much time to try it on. Got the tee and thermal in surplus sized down to M.

First reactions are so so. Weight on both the pieces are alright. Definitely tees and thermals out there with similar weight and quality for considerably less (standard issue tees waffle thermals are the best). Not sure if they are worth keeping given the price point, but will give it a few days and see if they grow on me. Glad I sized down though, TTS would look comically oversized I think.

Quick shot of the thermal with no layering underneath.

View attachment 1672785
That neck hole stretching out into next week

Onohediint

Reaction score
That neck hole stretching out into next week

I personally think that the thermal neckhole works as long as you layer it on top of a shirt of the same color. I tried layering it over a tee with a different color and it looked strange.

gentlypfister

Reaction score
neck is too wide for you?

Yea for me - I overall don't like loose necks, although I know they can look good layered.

My method will probably get me stoned by the other forum members but nonetheless.. I machine washed on hot with woolite and machine dried a few non-distressed hemis (elderberry, butte and Kingston). They fit like my TTS cinder hemi now and look great with no color loss. I still machine wash but I do it on cold and hang dry now. This will likely not be a good method if you sized down.

I know I'm a super outlier, but I machine wash warm and machine dry my JE stuff (not coats or denim). It all started accidentally and thenI just gave up since (luckily for me) I don't really deal with our laundry often. Now I just regularly wash and dry my game shorts, practice shorts, and anti expos t's, and everything has held up GREAT. That being said, I saw some slight shrinkage in my anti expos, but that was welcome since I'm kind of between M and L, so the L fits great. I want to wash my Elderberry Hemi, but likely will dry clean since I don't want to mess with this one and it doesn't need to be washed often.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads