• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm more of an Inky Johnson guy, but ET is cool.
I haven’t tapped in with Inky yet. Will have to check him out. I was just talking about marketing and what I do for a living. Just dropping some ? on the youth.

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The urge for me to pick up a pair of AMM3s growing even though I've always told myself I'd never cop on resell lol.
I love them. But I do understand the resell game smh. Dump some stuff you aren’t wearing.

tommo

Reaction score
FOG sells cotton fleece truckers for $900. Fashion markups are dumb and it is what it is.

I have the black cotton fleece FoG trucker and it is absolutely out of this world.

It’s expensive sure, but the look, the quality, the weight of it… it’s a grail 100%. Id advise anyone who wears truckers to get one. You’ll be amazed. It goes with everything

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the black cotton fleece FoG trucker and it is absolutely out of this world.

It’s expensive sure, but the look, the quality, the weight of it… it’s a grail 100%. Id advise anyone who wears truckers to get one. You’ll be amazed. It goes with everything

pics Or ducktales

thecast

Reaction score
Does anyone have own or have feedback into the Caldera Chelsea? Thanks

CARTER AGVENT

Reaction score

this is how I feel about every piece of FOG and Rhude I own quality wise.

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup I will say besides the BS fleece they switched to this season (bring back the heavy Terry) that FOG does a pretty good job picking materials at their price point. And like someone said, even when the brand was new and maybe materials weren’t all that, they were still taxing you.

Now onto to JE.(this has nothing to do with FOG or any other brand)

do I think JE prices should be higher after all these years? Sure. Probably, But I just think they went too high. like why is the $58 classic crew $78 and not as good?

And sometimes I feel like they need to make the tough decision and decide, okay we like this, but is it a price point that makes sense to our consumer? Should we use a different material? Should we just not produce it?

but stuff sells out so I’m sure it is fine what they are pricing and making. Also I know many people didn’t find JE when the Italian leather yoke flannel was $328 ? so the prices might make more since to them rather than us

they could also do 2 lines. FOG has essentials, Rick has DRSHDW

why not start John Elliott Basics if you wanna provide a cheaper option that still has the quality and cuts? maybe that will be able to really bring some new fabrication and higher quality to the mainline basics cause now you have that diffusion line: so let’s try to make that $200 basic t shirt now, cause we still blessing our base with a $50 option

Or on the flip do a high end line.
John Elliott couture, John Elliott Runway , John Elliott Mainline (please excuse my horrible naming ideas) for those dream pieces or things that might be priced just a little bit higher than what the brand is known for. Now you don’t have to produce as many, can really experiment and have that super high price point in a space that makes sense.

maybe these are the wrong answers. Maybe we should adjust. I’m not complaining. I know “they price their products as fairly and as best they can” . Just giving my perspective on the situation or things I would bring up if I spoke with John.

happy to see the brand grow. I still love mike. No problem with the prices and this season is really good.

just wanted to share my thoughts

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics