• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jflo301

Reaction score
Any reviews on cast 2 rubber? Looks kinda cool!
I recently picked up a pair from Mr. P sale. Out of the bag they look very similar to a full leather pair of pants, which is what I was hoping. They’re super sticky and you have to kind of unpeel them before wearing, but once they’re on they feel like any other cast 2 denim IMO. I’m sure they’re a lint magnet since they’re so “sticky” but I’ve only worn them briefly twice. All in all, I think they’re great, and for the record I paid ~$200 for mine and would def pull the trigger at this sales price if you’re even mildly interested.
Edit: Don’t have any pics wearing them other than some ****** mirror pics where they just look like regular black denim, it’s kinda hard to capture the “leather” look.

Attachments

• D26FE64B-922C-4968-9DD6-4C98AC01C488.jpeg
    D26FE64B-922C-4968-9DD6-4C98AC01C488.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 63

JH_SF

Reaction score
Got a pair of Jets from the sample sale last year that I've never worn lol but if I didn't I would definitely cop the Rubbers

Lovemybed

Reaction score
They're nice. I still haven't gotten around to wearing mine yet because I feel they're more of a fall and winter kind of denim, but if you have any questions I can try to answer them.
I recently picked up a pair from Mr. P sale. Out of the bag they look very similar to a full leather pair of pants, which is what I was hoping. They’re super sticky and you have to kind of unpeel them before wearing, but once they’re on they feel like any other cast 2 denim IMO. I’m sure they’re a lint magnet since they’re so “sticky” but I’ve only worn them briefly twice. All in all, I think they’re great, and for the record I paid ~$200 for mine and would def pull the trigger at this sales price if you’re even mildly interested.
Edit: Don’t have any pics wearing them other than some ****** mirror pics where they just look like regular black denim, it’s kinda hard to capture the “leather” look.

TTS?

Cuttooth

Reaction score

I'm probably not the best person to ask about this, but yes in my case as a size 28 since any size 29 would be too large in the waist. I can definitely second having to peel them apart out of the bag. I'm afraid of picking up pet hair so I'm just waiting for a night in the fall where I can pop them on and go out to dinner without needing a roller too badly.

WhaleShark

Reaction score
You gotta pay 50 to get a password? If anybody got a pass they don’t need send me a DM. Y’all got me excited to see the sale.

capooo

Reaction score
Good looks on the code. Looking forward to these pickups, been eyeing the cargos and cirrus for a min. Crazy how much hit sample sale.

Attachments

• D3FDEF11-DF49-4499-90B5-2AE22E82C280.jpeg
    D3FDEF11-DF49-4499-90B5-2AE22E82C280.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 62

PYREXSWERVE

Reaction score
Got a pair of Jets from the sample sale last year that I've never worn lol but if I didn't I would definitely cop the Rubbers

Yeah I have OG Waxed Jet's too....
I would have copped the Rubber's If I didn't own them.

PYREXSWERVE

Reaction score
Patience is just hard sometimes because you don't really know what you can definitely pick up later on sale.

That is always the toughest part of waiting on pieces you adore.
Sometimes they sell out Day 1 & are never to be seen again & others they hit a very fair price like today.Part of the game.Just gotta hope you are on the right side!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads