• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you're definitely wrong bro. Uniform truly epitomize the elevated basics approach and they are second to none in this space. They create their own fabrics further separating themselves from tons of other brands offering basics. The newest twisted supima is some of the best material ive ever felt, and that comes after the twisted tri blend, which is right up there as well

Name me one company doing what they are doing, using the materials they do, at the price points they offer these premium pieces for

if copying a company is defined by selling premium basics such as tees, sweats, and hoodies, the whole streetwear industry is in trouble. Uniform is a leader in this space to boot

This past year alone, JE has released black waxed denim and a shoe that looks eerily similar to converse. Their edition one runner can easily be mistaken for another brand, and their chelsea boots look identical to boots released by several separate companies. Im not calling JE a copier, but you're out to lunch in pointing your finger at uniform, of all companies

On another note, I received the rubbers in. Really impressed by how they fit more like carbons vs obsidians. Very comfortable. In comparison to other waxed denim I have, they fall short of the treatment in my opinion. Saint laurent's waxed denim has a regular denim feeling hand, almost like its woven into the fabric somehow, alongside some baked in creases. Where the rubbers feel more like the treatment is on the surface layer only, sticking to everything and attracting lint way more than comparable waxed offerings. Out of the bag, they also look more like leather vs waxed denim just due to no creasing for what thats worth

all in all, they look dope and are a solid effort. On sale, they came in just under the saint Laurent joints which is a plus. With higher price points come higher expectations

View attachment 1623287

View attachment 1623288

View attachment 1623289

View attachment 1623290

In comparison to saint laurent (rubbers on left)

View attachment 1623291

View attachment 1623292

Agree 100%. Go buy a UniformLA t-shirt, their new fabric is the GOAT.

I dont get the hate, more quality options for us to buy is a good thing.

ggss09

Reaction score
I love a Uni tee as much as the next guy but what's with the lack of love for Anti-Expos these days? I only have one but I'm thinking of getting another off the SSENSE sale, the raw detailing adds a nice touch to a simple fit and they're still pretty relaxed fit

Cuttooth

Reaction score
I love a Uni tee as much as the next guy but what's with the lack of love for Anti-Expos these days? I only have one but I'm thinking of getting another off the SSENSE sale, the raw detailing adds a nice touch to a simple fit and they're still pretty relaxed fit

I love the AEs. I'd say the one thing JE does better than most in the same bubble of fashion is colors for basics. I'm not much into the tie dye stuff, but when the product photos are accurate (acai was way off, for example) the tee colors can be really good. I have one of the new Uniform pocket shirts in black which seems decent for the one time I've worn it thus far, but I think more could be done in the way of colors there.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I recently tried one of mine on after a long long time of them sitting, and I hated the front length. It was excessive. Everything else about the tee is still great, outside of that. Unfortunately, that’s what stands out when worn. The best AE cut was the Marble AE. Had to size up but if you did, it was more of a boxy, shorter cut. Still has some length in front due to the AE design, but the wash made them run shorter.

toomuchsauce

Reaction score
I recently tried one of mine on after a long long time of them sitting, and I hated the front length. It was excessive. Everything else about the tee is still great, outside of that. Unfortunately, that’s what stands out when worn. The best AE cut was the Marble AE. Had to size up but if you did, it was more of a boxy, shorter cut. Still has some length in front due to the AE design, but the wash made them run shorter.

Yeah I regrettably sold my Marble AE because I felt like it was too short at the time. Now I feel like my regular AEs are too long!

a feline mage

Reaction score

Replica is still my favorite but 95% of my JE tees are AEs. Can't get enough of them. Thanks for alerting me to the sale. You can get pretty crazy low prices for AEs off here too.

Also agree w/ others about the Marble AE. My favorite AE for sure.

MMcFly

Reaction score
1623510599014.png

This looks ridiculous.

Nightlines

Reaction score
Agree 100%. Go buy a UniformLA t-shirt, their new fabric is the GOAT.

I dont get the hate, more quality options for us to buy is a good thing.
I'll try it when they finally decide to restock. Artist tee colors haven't been restocked since what, last year? I don't need another marle grey, white, or plain black tshirt regardless of how the fabric is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads