• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1608910
AAU’s ... they’re alright! missed the mark a bit on fit in regards to the flare out and for that reason they’ll be going back. If any Canadians are looking for black XS or S i’ll post in the BST before shipping them back. A good opportunity to save some pennies

I don’t really see the flare in anyone’s pic yet? Maybe the angles but doesn’t look bad in your pic.

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well **** they can't redirect it and it's gonna be a refund. Super sad.
It’s hard to tell in pics and it’s honestly not that bad. But, with all the clothes i have in my closet that already doesn’t get enough wear new pickups need to be pretty damn in point for me to keep

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s hard to tell in pics and it’s honestly not that bad. But, with all the clothes i have in my closet that already doesn’t get enough wear new pickups need to be pretty damn in point for me to keep
i know you replied to the wrong comment but seriously it's a little bit of a consolation that they're not perfect bruh. cheers haha

htrannn

Reaction score
Does anyone else prefer practice shorts? I'm kinda bummed they haven't put out practice short versions of some of these recent drops like they did a year or two back.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else prefer practice shorts? I'm kinda bummed they haven't put out practice short versions of some of these recent drops like they did a year or two back.

I was hoping to see an og lynx restock but I’ve kind of lost interest now. I’m still considering a pair of aau at some point tho.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Two new practice shorts prints are on the way.

Bimmer93

Reaction score
I was hoping to see an og lynx restock but I’ve kind of lost interest now. I’m still considering a pair of aau at some point tho.
Finally got a chance to try on my AAUs. I’m going to do my best at an unbiased review:

- Fit is ok. Not the best, not the worst. Strictly on fit, Eric Emanuel is better (logos are another discussion)
- I don’t have much flare, but I opted for the smaller of the two sizes I ordered, making them a little more fitted.
- Like others have mentioned, the rise is a little short if you have and sort of lower half.
- Biggest complaint: the lining is a snag magnet. My lining already had snags in it out of the bag similar to another users posting, albeit not as bad. Probably fine for the leg liner, but absolutely absurd to use that silky fabric for the pocket lining. Keys will shred it in under a minute. Frankly, I don’t think these pockets will be usable after a couple wears.

Net, nice shorts. I’ll be keeping them as I like the color. Not worth $172 for made in China mesh shorts when the fit isn’t really that differentiated and can’t see the lining holding up. I’d say $89 is probably more in line with the product and quality, but if they’re selling, they’re selling.

CARTER AGVENT

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to try on my AAUs. I’m going to do my best at an unbiased review:

- Fit is ok. Not the best, not the worst. Strictly on fit, Eric Emanuel is better (logos are another discussion)
- I don’t have much flare, but I opted for the smaller of the two sizes I ordered, making them a little more fitted.
- Like others have mentioned, the rise is a little short if you have and sort of lower half.
- Biggest complaint: the lining is a snag magnet. My lining already had snags in it out of the bag similar to another users posting, albeit not as bad. Probably fine for the leg liner, but absolutely absurd to use that silky fabric for the pocket lining. Keys will shred it in under a minute. Frankly, I don’t think these pockets will be usable after a couple wears.

Net, nice shorts. I’ll be keeping them as I like the color. Not worth $172 for made in China mesh shorts when the fit isn’t really that differentiated and can’t see the lining holding up. I’d say $89 is probably more in line with the product and quality, but if they’re selling, they’re selling.
I agree with this. I like mine and will keep them, but I do like the EE fit a bit more.

Cuttooth

Reaction score

That was me. I fortunately received an approval to return the pair. I'm keeping the grey pair, but you're accurate on the lining issues. The material simply doesn't appear durable and there should either not be any pockets or the pocket lining should perhaps be a more traditional mesh like the exterior in order to increase durability, especially as you don't see it any way. It was a very poor design choice overall.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads