• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm reading the messages incorrectly but I didn't think people were expecting these to be a fashion statement.

Agreed on the zip. Even if it was YKK I would be ok, but this is not the nice silver YKK you get on Acne Jeans or JE Bombers

I don’t think anyone came out and said specifically they wanted these to make a statement, but it can be interpreted that way, when some act disappointed in what they ended up receiving in a pair of mesh shorts. I think JE took the Practice shorts, dialed down the fit, and dropped em in basic colors. That should have been the expectation, nothing more. We already knew we weren’t getting riri. Nothing that was promoted marketed these beyond that expectation. I had original practice shorts, and these are the same thing, but with a better fit, and basic colors. To be disappointed is a bit odd, unless your expectations were out of touch. Regardless, there are some flaws we can agree on. Maybe they’ll go back to the drawing board and drop different textures in future seasons. That should increase the premium feel and enhance the styling abilities of these shorts. Boucle?

TCNY

Reaction score
for those with the yellow co shorts, I looked at it on the site, you can just cut the tag off and pull off the excess threads to the label.

TCNY

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone came out and said specifically they wanted these to make a statement, but it can be interpreted that way, when some act disappointed in what they ended up receiving in a pair of mesh shorts. I think JE took the Practice shorts, dialed down the fit, and dropped em in basic colors. That should have been the expectation, nothing more. We already knew we weren’t getting riri. Nothing that was promoted marketed these beyond that expectation. I had original practice shorts, and these are the same thing, but with a better fit, and basic colors. To be disappointed is a bit odd, unless your expectations were out of touch. Regardless, there are some flaws we can agree on. Maybe they’ll go back to the drawing board and drop different textures in future seasons. That should increase the premium feel and enhance the styling abilities of these shorts. Boucle?

IMO would love JE to break down the shorts like Noah does it, would really help justify paying $200 for mesh shorts, I've seen the same type of mesh cost at most 3.00 per yard.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for those with the yellow co shorts, I looked at it on the site, you can just cut the tag off and pull off the excess threads to the label.

Are you saying they discuss that on the site, or you’re just judging it by looking at them?

dustinr

Reaction score
Anyone else got ssense private sale access? Not that great, was hoping fur terry half zip might at least be 20% but nope

idk how the hell I didnt get access after all the money i spent there last year

Dino12

Reaction score
do they gradually let people in for the ssense sale? or do we just have to wait for it to be public?

iamfudge

Reaction score
do they gradually let people in for the ssense sale? or do we just have to wait for it to be public?

there's a tier system: spending 5k+, 2k+, 1k+ grants different level of early access before public sale. at least that's what was in the email I received.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
y'all scaring me with the flare talk, that's the ONE thing in shorts that I absolutely hate...

oh well, my 2 pairs are stuck in Netherlands anyway lmao

iamfudge

Reaction score
So do you have access to the private sale?

I'm only tier 1 this year, missed tier 2 by a few hundred. I assume I'll get access to the sale the week before it goes public.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 53

ggss09

Reaction score

I think if they cut a triangle at the hem of the shorts to prevent them from flaring out, most people would be happy; The zipper isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things but think a bit of disappointment is fair since JE generally uses the nicer YKK stuff instead of this more "affordable" range of YKK zips, at least in the products I own. I have no clue what they use on practice shorts so I could be out of touch here lmao

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have no clue what they use on practice shorts so I could be out of touch here lmao

It is the exact same zipper we have been using on Practice Shorts since they first dropped in 2019.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads