• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Idk... I don’t even know if that phrase made sense there, but I think you get the idea.
I got my AAU in, they are good, but not great. the cut is a bit off, They flare out so badly. The lining is the best part, the zipper is pretty terrible. All you guys buying 3 pairs are insane

1620679447043.jpeg

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cuttooth

Reaction score
I got my AAU in, they are good, but not great. the cut is a bit off, They flare out so badly. The lining is the best part, the zipper is pretty terrible. All you guys buying 3 pairs are insane

View attachment 1607789

You see the one I posted where the lining was falling apart brand new? I'm terrified that the same thing will happen now to my other pair.

On another note, do you think the red Seekings hoodie would be worth ("worth" being very loosely used here) the money based on the one you have?

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean they are mesh shorts ?. All they’re good for is beating up during daily activities like lounging, walking, working out, etc. I wouldn’t buy AAUs with fashion or styling in mind. That’s also why I stuck to two pair of black. They are great for not giving a ****.

ggss09

Reaction score
I mean they are mesh shorts ?. All they’re good for is beating up during daily activities like lounging, walking, working out, etc. I wouldn’t buy AAUs with fashion or styling in mind. That’s also why I stuck to two pair of black. They are great for not giving a ****.

Then why not just buy unbranded footlocker brand mesh shorts?

Bimmer93

Reaction score
You see the one I posted where the lining was falling apart brand new? I'm terrified that the same thing will happen now to my other pair.

On another note, do you think the red Seekings hoodie would be worth ("worth" being very loosely used here) the money based on the one you have?

I’m sure the quality is great, but to me, at the end of the day it’s a red hoodie. Not the most versatile color, and being a hoodie, seems a bit overpriced for home use.

Cuttooth

Reaction score
I’m sure the quality is great, but to me, at the end of the day it’s a red hoodie. Not the most versatile color, and being a hoodie, seems a bit overpriced for home use.

Yeah. The blue one is the other in stock that I like.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then why not just buy unbranded footlocker brand mesh shorts?

Lol you know the answers but in case you really mean that... Cut, fit, quality, lining. FL mesh shorts will not be this specific in its cut and fit, the materials will be rough, they don’t come with the lining, and lastly, after several washes those FL shorts will look like even more **** than when you first put them on.

I agree the flare may be kinda annoying to some, and the YKK is kinda trash, but those other 4 points are more important.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here... if you guys want shorts for styling, JE has blessed you once again...

ggss09

Reaction score
Lol you know the answers but in case you really mean that... Cut, fit, quality, lining. FL mesh shorts will not be this specific in its cut and fit, the materials will be rough, they don’t come with the lining, and lastly, after several washes those FL shorts will look like even more **** than when you first put them on.

I agree the flare may be kinda annoying to some, and the YKK is kinda trash, but those other 4 points are more important.

I was trolling but yeah. I was trying to say that different people find value in JE products for different reasons. If people hate the fit / zippers I can understand why they wouldn't want these. I agree the liner makes them worth it and the fit is still superior to most mainstream options

On the printed shorts, I will say I think most people still wear them casually and aren't buying them to be stylish. Just a nice option to have. Additionally, some people in this thread have very loud styles but it works with their vibe. There are others I've never seen wear anything but neutral tones but its their vibe and I respect that too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads