• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tommo

Reaction score
16oz LA Sweats.

Good lord they are poor.

I’ve got the OGs and the quality drop off is absolutely shocking.

ordered two pairs of the 16oz ones. I’d say they are probably the poorest quality sweats I’ve ever bought. I have a lot of pairs of asos ones that cost £15 and they’re markedly better.

how JE are justifying the cost of these I will never know. Leaves a very bitter taste and I think that might be it for me with this brand.

They an absolute shambles. After one wear of around 2 hours they’ve bagged out, the elastic does not grip the ankle. They’re literally useless after TWO HOURS.

Total joke.

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
16oz LA Sweats.

Good lord they are poor.

I’ve got the OGs and the quality drop off is absolutely shocking.

ordered two pairs of the 16oz ones. I’d say they are probably the poorest quality sweats I’ve ever bought. I have a lot of pairs of asos ones that cost £15 and they’re markedly better.

how JE are justifying the cost of these I will never know. Leaves a very bitter taste and I think that might be it for me with this brand.

They an absolute shambles. After one wear of around 2 hours they’ve bagged out, the elastic does not grip the ankle. They’re literally useless after TWO HOURS.

Total joke.

Maybe you needed to size down ? I don't own any 16oz but I have the cashmere sweats and they feel great.

tommo

Reaction score
Maybe you needed to size down ? I don't own any 16oz but I have the cashmere sweats and they feel great.

I take 32 in cast 2 and Kane, so medium is my size, it’s the same with all the other sweats.

They just feel super cheap in hand. Flimsy, thin weak material. Shoddily put together, perished elastic...

I expect a damn site more than an hour or twos wear around the house from a 200 dollar piece of clothing before it’s absolutely useless. They are quite literally fucked and unwearable

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take 32 in cast 2 and Kane, so medium is my size, it’s the same with all the other sweats.

They just feel super cheap in hand. Flimsy, thin weak material. Shoddily put together, perished elastic...

I expect a damn site more than an hour or twos wear around the house from a 200 dollar piece of clothing before it’s absolutely useless. They are quite literally fucked and unwearable
Yikes. I got a pair of 16oz. Mine are holding up pretty well. I had to stop comparing them to the OGs for me to really appreciate them. One thing I do love is the cuff holds up more than the heavy weight ones.

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats a bummer ! Maybe try those reconstructed LA sweats instead if you can return those two.
BE0E7CD5-331E-4E72-80CE-3A2F693D98AD.jpeg

My fit today! Been getting back into AE’s lately.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats a bummer ! Maybe try those reconstructed LA sweats instead if you can return those two.
View attachment 1606668
My fit today! Been getting back into AE’s lately.
My IMO would be to switch out the AF1 for your CP. the denim is pretty tapered and makes the nikes look monstrous, otherwise great fit. Just my 2 cents

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My IMO would be to switch out the AF1 for your CP. the denim is pretty tapered and makes the nikes look monstrous, otherwise great fit. Just my 2 cents
Glad I had time to switch them out before I left. That coulda been bad!

CARTER AGVENT

Reaction score
Not my best pic, but this is the black pair of denim

View attachment 1606702 I’ll make it JE
Looks like the ideal pair of black denim I've been waiting for JE to make. May have to try these out. tts you said?

Also, I'm wearing a basalt tee today and every time I put one on I wonder why JE doesn't make them anymore. its the best fitting t-shirt I've ever had. bring back the basalt tees!!!!

WhaleShark

Reaction score
Photo dump: Reconstructed pieces and AAU shorts. All size medium.

Reconstructed tees are really lightweight. Maybe same material as the Folsom. So if the holes weren’t for you, this is prob a great option.

I love the washed black crew. Slightly cropped to layer with the tee.

And I ordered a pair or Yellow Label Black Biker shorts for my girl and instead received a pair of Nylon Track pants. They are pretty awesome lol. Same ankle cinch as the Himalayans. They slightly matte, not very shiny which is nice.

Loving the AAU shorts. Very stoked to break out some Flyknit Racers to go with them.

Attachments

• 69786F4B-F669-45A7-936B-D191A849442F.jpeg
    69786F4B-F669-45A7-936B-D191A849442F.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 572F676A-3592-439A-B2BA-31735526FFB7.jpeg
    572F676A-3592-439A-B2BA-31735526FFB7.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 88
  • F6DFDF6D-5EF5-4F94-BFC3-803DAC3B5315.jpeg
    F6DFDF6D-5EF5-4F94-BFC3-803DAC3B5315.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 81
  • DE415A3C-AEE8-4F4D-BE9B-72D6622E367C.jpeg
    DE415A3C-AEE8-4F4D-BE9B-72D6622E367C.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 77

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads