• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Huncho831

Reaction score
Sail pullover
Cast 2 Hover

Attachments

• BF29576C-8E63-46F0-9282-BC64CE1A73E9.jpeg
    BF29576C-8E63-46F0-9282-BC64CE1A73E9.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 108

blacknotebooks

Reaction score
I had the exact same thoughts, especially for the slightly oversized jacket and chunkier kicks.

blacknotebooks

Reaction score
I had the exact same review/thoughts on the AAU's @ggss09. The liner and fit is what sets it apart from other mesh shorts out there but was also slightly disappointed the zipper was a YKK, however it's not a deal breaker to keep a single pair for now. I love the ice/light blue color which is like a grey blue IRL.

Huncho831

Reaction score
This would be even better if your pants were a bit bigger. One size up or baggier cut. I think the jacket and the shoes are begging for a bit fuller of a leg. Just my thoughts, not trying to offend
No I agree. I’ve been a 30 for the longest but since pandemic I think I’ve been getting closer to 31. Also it’s seems the hover are just tighter in general.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a couple days of wear, a couple issues I see with the AAUs from a personal perspective are 1. The rise in the back 2. Lack of sturdiness in waist. I have big Glutes, and these seem to have a bit less space and rise back there than I need. The main thing I love about Yellow Label mesh shorts, is the waist is so sturdy, and when tied, sticks to my upper waist, making it so good for walks and workouts. The AAUs slip, even if tied. Maybe those 2 things are caused by one another. Still a great pair of shorts, but not perfect.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick compare against the ALD x NB shorts:

- The AAU shorts offer a more traditional fit versus the ALD being slimmer (same inseam on both)
- the Liner on the AAU shorts is nicer
- Drawstrings on the AAU shorts are not very nice compared to the ALD shorts or the game shorts (big price jump when comparing to game shorts I know); it is also not colour matched on mine so the drawstrings are actually black
- Disappointed in the YKK zipper on the back; functionally it'll work perfectly fine and will last forever but the RiRis used on Villains/Rios/Escos are smoother and nicer looking

Overall they're a keeper given the good fit and nice feel with the liner but I don't think I'll be back for a second pair unless some fire colours drop

To the homies who called me out the few times I've mentioned 5" inseam shorts in this thread before these dropped - told ya its the ideal size ??‍♂️

the liner is what sets them apart the most. It gives them the luxury feel and probably makes them more delicate too. Pattern court shorts IMO are a better bet as far as setting them apart the most. At the end of the day, mesh will look like mesh. I rather pay for a nicer pattern

ggss09

Reaction score
I agree the liner is a huge plus on these. Personally, given the AAU shorts' story and name, think they should stay solid but maybe they can rework the practice short silhouette to match the AAU. Practice shorts for prints, AAUs for solids.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads