• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Deceive

Reaction score
I was talking to the seller and went to buy the oaks and they sold while we were chatting. Bought the pearls instead.
Glad you were able to get one pair at least! I knew they were going to sell quick ?

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever had a pair of denim that was way too tight at first and then later "stretched to perfection." I think you need to like the fit when they arrive and assume they will loosen a bit. Big difference between being a little fitted and way too tight. Otherwise, you just end up owning skinny jeans you don't want. IMO
I mostly agree with this with few exceptions and one of them being the washed graphite’s.
That being said, in my Japanese raw denim phase I way too often saw people recommending folks sizes that were too small from the jump.
I think people conflated the idea that you want your denim to be snug initially but not tight to the point where you can’t even sit down without assistance.
There was also confusion on what sizing down 2 meant. Some meant from your actual measured waist and some meant from your usual off the rack size (which is vanity sized).

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crimson Shorts. Amazing weather here in The Land. ps: that’s not Gatorade in the cup ?

98217156-7AC6-4BC4-AAE0-7B5E04486E2C.jpeg

Nightlines

Reaction score
I swear this mirror gets more filthy as I try to clean it. I sized up to a 33 in my Dillon Indigos and they fit so much better. Windy, low 70s, and no humidity today means hoodies and jeans on the island.

Attachments

• 0419C152-D888-4A04-9A56-121B8CAB9860.jpeg
    0419C152-D888-4A04-9A56-121B8CAB9860.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 88

Yokimoto

Reaction score
I swear this mirror gets more filthy as I try to clean it. I sized up to a 33 in my Dillon Indigos and they fit so much better. Windy, low 70s, and no humidity today means hoodies and jeans on the island.

what shoes are these?

ggss09

Reaction score
Acne Archive Sale had / has a few 1996s for those of you interested, I know a couple guys here rep them pretty hard

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads