• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

boblakk87

Reaction score
Passing on the Pollocks

Richmond Himalayans (s/o @Thatsryantho)

Attachments

• 619E864A-0613-40CB-A20D-A0E75B8A7609.jpeg
    619E864A-0613-40CB-A20D-A0E75B8A7609.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 63

WhaleShark

Reaction score
What size did you end up going with? I remember you mentioning that you've been sizing up on Cast 2's lately. I wasn't sure which size to go with. So, I ordered two sizes.
I went with a 32. My waist is more 31 but I hate skin tight cast 2. I have the Canal Daze in 32 and they fit perfect. Very smart grabbing two sizes.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol @ the notification email going out nearly 30 mins after the stock was loaded for checkout.

tommo

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it looks like the clean Kane 2 JE was rocking, are probably gonna be cropped ?

Those with raw hem AND regular length would have been a must. Not that excited as of now, if it’s the cropped length.

They need to be cropped. I've got Kane 2 in Carbon and Avalon and both need to be turned up to achieve the look.

On another note, these Daze Pollocks are absolutely absurd

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone own both Juliettes and Avalon’s? I have Juliettes but they look so similar that I’m not sure it’s worth getting Avalon’s but I kinda want them ?
I just pulled the trigger on the Daze Avalon on Grailed for the lowlow. Idk if I messed up by going one size down but the seller said the waist fit big. Hopefully it works out.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They need to be cropped. I've got Kane 2 in Carbon and Avalon and both need to be turned up to achieve the look.

On another note, these Daze Pollocks are absolutely absurd

Absurd in a good way right?

?

blacknotebooks

Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on the Daze Avalon on Grailed for the lowlow. Idk if I messed up by going one size down but the seller said the waist fit big. Hopefully it works out.

The 29's? I think those are Kane 2 Coasts since they look identical to mine and don't have the same distressing as Avalon's. Either way a great pair.

aaronj15

Reaction score
Cool Grey runners came in. These are really nice in hand and I was more impressed once I got to see the colors and detail in person. They are similar to the Icons in the sense that you don't realize how cool they are until you hold the shoe and put it on(I might be biased on the icons since the Bron 8s are my second favorite silhouette after the 7). Subtle details and layers make the shoe pop and I like the touch of leather on the tongue and heel.

As far as sizing goes, this one is tricky. I ordered these in 43 (same size as my Caldera) and I'm a true 10.5. They aren't as full cut to me as the Caldera, but they still fit (just a tad snug, which I don't mind because they aren't restrictive in any way, if that makes sense). I would be curious to see what a 44 felt like, but I think they'd be too big.

Overall, sure $448 is steep for a pair of runners but these are tuffffff. I cannot wait to roc these with the 26 oz LA sweats that will be releasing soon, 15 min before the supposed drop time and will sell out before 11!
JECG1.jpg
JECG2.jpg
JECG3.jpg
JECG4.jpg

These gave me newbie 990 vibes so here is a comparison shot
JECG5.jpg

tommo

Reaction score
Absurd in a good way right?

?

No!! They are shocking!

Daze for me is a weird fit. If you're gonna go with the current fashion with more relaxed denim, its got to be Kanes. Daze is a compromise. Not a good one.

And this wash with the paint splattering is really really bad. Each to their own, but 99% of people that see you rocking this denim are gonna be cursing.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No!! They are shocking!

Daze for me is a weird fit. If you're gonna go with the current fashion with more relaxed denim, its got to be Kanes. Daze is a compromise. Not a good one.

And this wash with the paint splattering is really really bad. Each to their own, but 99% of people that see you rocking this denim are gonna be cursing.

Although I never agree with you, I have to applaud ur conviction behind the things you say.

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 29's? I think those are Kane 2 Coasts since they look identical to mine and don't have the same distressing as Avalon's. Either way a great pair.
lol I just thought it was the bad camera quality but you are definitely right that it looks like the Kane 2 Coasts. Thanks for the clarifying and am lowkey more excited it came out this way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads