• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

itman15

Reaction score
Hi,

just wondering if anyone has got the chelseas in and can comment/corroborate on sizing? Really liking the shark suede ones.

Thanks

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

just wondering if anyone has got the chelseas in and can comment/corroborate on sizing? Really liking the shark suede ones.

Thanks
Are you Serial dawg?

These were a day 1 cawp for me since I was intrigued by the color and been looking to delve into the chelsea world, plus my boot collection does not include a shoe/boot like this. My thoughts below:

I approached these Chelsea's as I do with any purchase - by solving MY own problems. Life codes, that I've crafted over the last 20 some odd years, are embedded in my thought process, like believing in the hype and buyer's remorse. My entire swag was made in North Philly, near Max's. These boots use beautiful materials that will last, but hah, luckily for me I won't need them to, since I plan on buying the creepers and maybe even the derbies too, then next year JE will release more footwear which I will inevitably purchase as well, continuing this cycle.

All jokes aside these are great boots that lived up to my expectations once I got them in hand. The suede is top notch, they are light and comfortable (which is a plus since I do a lot of walking, even during these times). The color is kinda what I would call their "carbon" version on suede, it's beautiful, really(accurate to the stock photos). Definitely size down, they are a comfy fit with a bit of room this way(if you wanted to wear thicker socks), for reference I am what I believe to be a true 10.5 and the 43 fits me perfectly. Hope this helps for anyone who is on the fence.
View attachment 1560976 View attachment 1560977 View attachment 1560978
Here’s some quick pics I snapped, was already wearing the spruce jawns. I think the way they are modeled with the gulch on the site is an accurate representation on what they’ll look like on most people. I think they would look optimal with a shorter inseam pant/denim but with a small leg opening to still stack, so the collar is more exposed and showcased more, idk. I don’t have super long legs or anything, I’m 5”11 and these are cast 2s with the standard 33.5” inseam.
View attachment 1561026 View attachment 1561027
oh yea and thanks for the rec on the spray!

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this is a very basic question for the JE experts here - but if I'm a pretty standard size 2/medium/48; would a 2 in the JE x Blackmeans rider be the best option?

Gabagool

Reaction score
is this the Type III thumper? i’m not sure if the different versions are shorter/longer than others but i’m digging the length on this one

Yeah, type III fits like a typical length denim jacket. Decently long in the front, and begins to crop upwards in the back. Type 3s have pockets.
Type II is wider (baggier) and much shorter (cropped). Also has no pockets.

The Masa type II is a great jacket in indigo or black, the distressing details are beautiful. I wear a M in both type 2 and 3, though i would probably go with an S for the newer seasons, which seem to be fit bigger. Don't quote me on that. 5'8" 120lbs for reference.

Last edited:

flipsilk

Reaction score
Yeah, type III fits like a typical length denim jacket. Decently long in the front, and begins to crop upwards in the back. Type 3s have pockets.
Type II is wider (baggier) and much shorter (cropped). Also has no pockets.

The Masa type II is a great jacket in indigo or black, the distressing details are beautiful. I wear a M in both type 2 and 3, though i would probably go with an S for the newer seasons, which seem to be fit bigger. Don't quote me on that. 5'8" 120lbs for reference.

Seeing the Masa chatter here today made me break mine out. I saw someone had repaired their collar rip on this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/JohnElliott/comments/6z5ca0/masa_black_thumper_jacket_repair_details/

THEN i scrolled down to find this little gem from our very own @razorfrazer

And i quote "

Hey guys. Im new to the brand and i’m really into getting a few basics or core things for spring summer. I just started into fashion and higher end clothes so be gentle.

I could use some help suggesting a few basics and maybe one statement peice. Im 5’9, 140 lbs. heres a pic of some of my gym wear (lulu smalls) to see my body type.

I absolutely have no idea on the sizing i should be in for these

I was thinking of getting a pair or two of escobar sweatpants (black and sage), a villan hoodie (grey and or apris or tie dye) , cast 2 pant in obsidian and maybe a light wash, some sort of tee is basic or fun colors and some sort of summer bomber or outerwear. Maybe even a leather jacket.

Ive only been following fashion for a few months and havent spend much money yet because my tastes are changing"

THEY GROW UP SO FAST

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeing the Masa chatter here today made me break mine out. I saw someone had repaired their collar rip on this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/JohnElliott/comments/6z5ca0/masa_black_thumper_jacket_repair_details/

THEN i scrolled down to find this little gem from our very own @razorfrazer

And i quote "

Hey guys. Im new to the brand and i’m really into getting a few basics or core things for spring summer. I just started into fashion and higher end clothes so be gentle.

I could use some help suggesting a few basics and maybe one statement peice. Im 5’9, 140 lbs. heres a pic of some of my gym wear (lulu smalls) to see my body type.

I absolutely have no idea on the sizing i should be in for these

I was thinking of getting a pair or two of escobar sweatpants (black and sage), a villan hoodie (grey and or apris or tie dye) , cast 2 pant in obsidian and maybe a light wash, some sort of tee is basic or fun colors and some sort of summer bomber or outerwear. Maybe even a leather jacket.

Ive only been following fashion for a few months and havent spend much money yet because my tastes are changing"

THEY GROW UP SO FAST

Literally i posted that then the entire subreddit died.

cs54

Reaction score
Literally i posted that then the entire subreddit died.
Anyone ever figure out why? Was it something you said....
(I’m guessing what really happened is that the mod(s) deleted their account or something. Surprised no one has tried to revive the sub, though it’s less active it seems a bit easier to search for stuff than combing thru forums.)

karmaguy

Reaction score
as a 5'8 dude, am i going to regret grabbing game shorts in a size small aka will they be too long? 8.5'' inseam seems pretty long but all the photos I see of dudes wearing the game shorts, they seem to hit mid thigh which seems reasonable

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads