• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These were a day 1 cawp for me since I was intrigued by the color and been looking to delve into the chelsea world, plus my boot collection does not include a shoe/boot like this. My thoughts below:

I approached these Chelsea's as I do with any purchase - by solving MY own problems. Life codes, that I've crafted over the last 20 some odd years, are embedded in my thought process, like believing in the hype and buyer's remorse. My entire swag was made in North Philly, near Max's. These boots use beautiful materials that will last, but hah, luckily for me I won't need them to, since I plan on buying the creepers and maybe even the derbies too, then next year JE will release more footwear which I will inevitably purchase as well, continuing this cycle.

All jokes aside these are great boots that lived up to my expectations once I got them in hand. The suede is top notch, they are light and comfortable (which is a plus since I do a lot of walking, even during these times). The color is kinda what I would call their "carbon" version on suede, it's beautiful, really(accurate to the stock photos). Definitely size down, they are a comfy fit with a bit of room this way(if you wanted to wear thicker socks), for reference I am what I believe to be a true 10.5 and the 43 fits me perfectly. Hope this helps for anyone who is on the fence.
View attachment 1560976 View attachment 1560977 View attachment 1560978
Do they fit well under cast 2?

aaronj15

Reaction score
@nsubrmnn I stepped out to grab some lunch and will check when I get back. I'll probably wear them out tomorrow too since most of this snow should be melted and it won't be raining.

thuper_therious

Reaction score
@nsubrmnn I stepped out to grab some lunch and will check when I get back. I'll probably wear them out tomorrow too since most of this snow should be melted and it won't be raining.
This is why I can’t spend that much on those boots. I specifically wear my boots in rain and snow. They’re all leather no rubber, including the sole and they handle it fine. Wolverine 1000 mile boot is my personal GOAT of the boot world.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s the best rider they done by far. Leather looks comfortable compared to the stiff blackmeans. Shorter belt and even back is nicer too.

That’s the one thing about the yuji I don’t love is the belt. If the new riders are softer then I’m sure it’s more comfortable.

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
earlier today... speedway and folsom

View attachment 1560688

That rider is fire but I need since I have the yuji. Gultch

That’s the one thing about the yuji I don’t love is the best. Is the new rides are softer then I’m sure it’s more comfortable.
Go ahead and grab the Gultch and send the review in lol

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it’s tempting.. haven’t spent that amount since Og Dillons
Ahhh. Yeah I think the most I spend on JE denim with the nimbus when they first dropped. So yeah homie go ahead ?.

dustinr

Reaction score
This is why I can’t spend that much on those boots. I specifically wear my boots in rain and snow. They’re all leather no rubber, including the sole and they handle it fine. Wolverine 1000 mile boot is my personal GOAT of the boot world.

My old pair of 1000 miles lasted me almost a full decade of early 20's to early 30's drunken abuse. Went with Iron Rangers as a replacement pair and couldn't be happier, they hold up just as well.

That being said, I definitely have a place for suede boots like this that I can wear when I go back to the office (whenever the hell that will be). I'm hoping to find the speed lace ups at even a slight discount someday.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’d treat them with something, especially considering you live in a place that uses salt for snow.
I’ve used this for years
Tarrago Nano Shoe Protector Spray for Leather Suede Nubuck Textile Waterproofer 6.53oz - Easy-To-Use Spray Keeps Shoes Looking Clean and Offers Breathability https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077JGRNVG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_E4SCFXRGBGXKC5G6VZ7D

Follow the directions when you’re applying it and don’t oversaturate it

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Removable would’ve been a nice option. I don’t see that stated in the description on the new rider either.

wonder what the buckle weight is. If it’s lighter, then it’s not too bad even if it’s fixed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads