• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

a feline mage

Reaction score
Looks good man !

Looking forward to getting my my PT Cashmere LA's if they ever ship ... 9 days now still no shipping notice from Johnelliott.com . Great service for 600 dollar sweats :brick:

Starting to sound like a shill here but that's what I've loved about my stuff from YL recently. It goes out that day or the next morning at the latest.

To be fair to JE, they're a MUCH bigger operation than YL - my masks and some other stuff did come pretty quickly. But slow shipping on some $600 sweats does leave a sour taste in your mouth just on principle. I just got a concept2 rower and it got here in 2 days from placing my order...

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good man !

Looking forward to getting my my PT Cashmere LA's if they ever ship ... 9 days now still no shipping notice from Johnelliott.com . Great service for 600 dollar sweats :brick:

Lol. For a $600 item you should have spent a few more $ to get faster shipping.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Starting to sound like a shill here but that's what I've loved about my stuff from YL recently. It goes out that day or the next morning at the latest.

To be fair to JE, they're a MUCH bigger operation than YL - my masks and some other stuff did come pretty quickly. But slow shipping on some $600 sweats does leave a sour taste in your mouth just on principle. I just got a concept2 rower and it got here in 2 days from placing my order...

Not sure about that logic. I mean, JE is also processing plenty of individual orders worth thousands of dollars per order. They have a wide customer base, and many people spending on quite a bit of product at once. One pair of $600 sweats isn’t going to send him to the top of the list. Have to pay the expedited shipping if you want to avoid delays, especially for orders outside of CA.

a feline mage

Reaction score
Not sure about that logic. I mean, JE is also processing plenty of individual orders worth thousands of dollars per order. They have a wide customer base, and many people spending on quite a bit of product at once. One pair of $600 sweats isn’t going to send him to the top of the list. Have to pay the expedited shipping if you want to avoid delays, especially for orders outside of CA.

What logic though? I never said he should be catapulted to the top of any list.

I still think it's ridiculous that my $1k rower (that are also flying off the shelves, btw - 4 mo waiting list) that weighs 70lbs got to me before a pair of sweatpants even shipped. Two, three days, sure .. 9 days is kinda oof. I empathize with both his position and JE getting stuff out slower than he'd like.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What logic though? I never said he should be catapulted to the top of any list.

I still think it's ridiculous that my $1k rower (that are also flying off the shelves, btw - 4 mo waiting list) that weighs 70lbs got to me before a pair of sweatpants even shipped. Two, three days, sure .. 9 days is kinda oof. I empathize with both his position and JE getting stuff out slower than he'd like.

The point is your expectation for shipping shouldn’t be based on the cost of the product you paid for. We all know JE is slow to ship to certain parts of the country, to begin with. Easy fix... pay a few extra dollars for fast shipping.

a feline mage

Reaction score
The point is your expectation for shipping shouldn’t be based on the cost of the product you paid for. We all know JE is slow to ship to certain parts of the country, to begin with. Easy fix... pay a few extra dollars for fast shipping.

But my personal expectation isn't based off the product price at all. My expectation is that a company with a business model of weekly drops sends out stuff in the order they're received. For example your earlier comment, someone spending thousands shouldn't go out before someone else just because their order is more money either. I'd personally be annoyed if my $30 socks or whatever from JE took 9 days to ship, too.

Frankly, in a world where Amazon shipping exists, where almost every single company I order from (computer parts, fashion, etc) at least gets stuff out the door in a few days max .. 9 days is pretty long. It is what it is. Not trying to hate on JE at all.

Having to pay expedited shipping just so it goes out the door earlier (we're talking about time it takes to get out the door from JE, not the time it takes to arrive at your door) seems kinda oof to me still.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But my personal expectation isn't based off the product price at all. My expectation is that a company with a business model of weekly drops sends out stuff in the order they're received. For example your earlier comment, someone spending thousands shouldn't go out before someone else just because their order is more money either. I'd personally be annoyed if my $30 socks or whatever from JE took 9 days to ship, too.

Frankly, in a world where Amazon shipping exists, where almost every single company I order from (computer parts, fashion, etc) at least gets stuff out the door in a few days max .. 9 days is pretty long. It is what it is. Not trying to hate on JE at all.

Having to pay expedited shipping just so it goes out the door earlier (we're talking about time it takes to get out the door from JE, not the time it takes to arrive at your door) seems kinda oof to me still.

No, I did not say the people spending thousands at a time should be ahead in any way. My point was a $600 order isn’t that big of a deal in the big picture, and ones expectations should be in the right place, regarding potential delays w/ JE. Regardless, no need to continue with this.

a feline mage

Reaction score
No, I did not say the people spending thousands at a time should be ahead in any way. My point was a $600 order isn’t that big of a deal in the big picture, and ones expectations should be in the right place, regarding potential delays w/ JE. Regardless, no need to continue with this.

My apologies, I wasn't trying to make it seem like that was your position. I was just sayin' that either way they should go out in the order received regardless of price and didn't word my sentence 2 gud.

And roger roger. Ain't like Razorfrazer and I are gonna stop buying JE just because of some shipping delays anyway. Was just trying to tell him that I'd feel that way some type of way if I was him too.

At least we're not dealing with Eclipse.. ?

isculpt

Reaction score
My ssense order was placed Wednesday at 10am and delivered Thursday at 2:30 p.m. **** is bonkers for free shipping.
I have no idea how Ssense does it. The only faster shipping i’ve had is amazon prime same day.

isculpt

Reaction score
Looks good man !

I give a week leniency. Unless there’s a significant event that causes delays, taking more than 7 business days to ship is slow. Hopefully they just forgot to email your tracking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads