• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vomeros were sitting everywhere for 30-50% off but then a few IG accounts started posting them and they blew up. Great shoe, but not worth $300+ for sure
Yup got mine for dirt cheap. Even after the A Cold Wall ones. It was weird. Out of nowhere they went up in price

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can you compile some of those fit pics that inspired you? struggling to see how enticing they can look but want to see if I can be convinced otherwise.
E4DB7C5D-7D3D-4D67-A73E-65CFC196A53F.png
5DC9A0EB-9555-4B3E-A3C7-7CEE843A2445.png

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks quite good yea. doesn't seem to be available over here down under though..

nick227

Reaction score
If you're looking for a similar silhouette, the New Balance 2002r is available in a Cream/Bone colourway, and will also drop in white at some point soon
1607054567542.png

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI threw this FG knit on real quick w/ himalayan to keep it JE-friendly. FG felt hoodie ran pretty cropped/small. It's nice and has somewhat of the sundrenched/washed effect. No pics bc too small on me. Sized wrong so I struck out bc OOS now so I'll wait for official release later on. Knit hoodie is very well made. $1100? Maybe...If iI was still in NYC and things were normal...but staying at home + being in LA...is there really a need to decorate this in my closet? Probably not.

Attachments

• E5943464-90DD-48EB-B514-5F5154BC5A23.jpeg
    E5943464-90DD-48EB-B514-5F5154BC5A23.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 89

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI threw this FG knit on real quick w/ himalayan to keep it JE-friendly. FG felt hoodie ran pretty cropped/small. It's nice and has somewhat of the sundrenched/washed effect. No pics bc too small on me. Sized wrong so I struck out bc OOS now so I'll wait for official release later on. Knit hoodie is very well made. $1100? Maybe...If iI was still in NYC and things were normal...but staying at home + being in LA...is there really a need to decorate this in my closet? Probably not.
That ***** real nice man!
I can't fathom spending $1100 on a hoodie but if I did, that would be the look I'd be going for. Himalayan looks good too. Is it noisy when you move about?

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vomeros were sitting everywhere for 30-50% off but then a few IG accounts started posting them and they blew up. Great shoe, but not worth $300+ for sure
yes it is definitely just hype now cause few IG account hyped them up. I love that shoe but would never wear that style so I bought a pair for my gfs dad and they are his favorite pair of sneakers now.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have mix feeling about this hoodie. To me it looks like mix of two weird styles. A super fine knit sweater for yacht club people mixed with a hoodie. You wanna wear a hoodie but still show you are rich vibe or something like that. lol
This wasn't meant to be offensive or anything it just gives me wrong vibe.

Yokimoto

Reaction score
I have mix feeling about this hoodie. To me it looks like mix of two weird styles. A super fine knit sweater for yacht club people mixed with a hoodie. You wanna wear a hoodie but still show you are rich vibe or something like that. lol
This wasn't meant to be offensive or anything it just gives me wrong vibe.

I feel like it’s the waist band being ribbed that gives that vibe?

I appreciate pictures as I was interested in how it would look.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like it’s the waist band being ribbed that gives that vibe?

I appreciate pictures as I was interested in how it would look.
yes waist bad and cuff on the sleeves mostly. But still knitted hoodie is just a nonsense. It just shows what "fashion" came up to. When they run out if ideas how to sell you "premium" stuff.

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love the look of this, and it's one of the pieces I wanted but it's just not unique enough for being $1100 because at the end of the day it's still a hoodie. If you wear that, and I wear JE's Boucle hoodie I feel like to 99% of the world it just registers as guy in hooded sweatshirt. It's like buying a Ferrari that kinda still looks like a BMW. I wouldn't knock anybody that did it, but even if this hoodie was $500-600, I would have a hard time justifying but $1100 is really Jerry just seeing how far he can push his fanbase.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the look of this, and it's one of the pieces I wanted but it's just not unique enough for being $1100 because at the end of the day it's still a hoodie. If you wear that, and I wear JE's Boucle hoodie I feel like to 99% of the world it just registers as guy in hooded sweatshirt. It's like buying a Ferrari that kinda still looks like a BMW. I wouldn't knock anybody that did it, but even if this hoodie was $500-600, I would have a hard time justifying but $1100 is really Jerry just seeing how far he can push his fanbase.

Jerry seeing how much he can insult his fanbase*

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jerry seeing how much he can insult his fanbase*

I know some people don't vibe wit FOG or Jerry like that...but to be fair, JE does it sometimes too. They're selling $1700 pants right now lol. It's all good though, cause people gotta make their own decisions about whether something is worth it or not.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know some people don't vibe wit FOG or Jerry like that...but to be fair, JE does it sometimes too. They're selling $1700 pants right now lol. It's all good though, cause people gotta make their own decisions about whether something is worth it or not.

I agree. Both do it to a certain degree.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics