• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just took a look at Cole Buxton. Not a fan of the seam in the back of the sweats. Wtf were they thinking? Also, they weigh 500 gsm which is what? 14-15oz? Not exactly heavy.
They take inspiration from old school British boxing trainers so it might be cause of that? I own a pair of the sweatpants and have owned the LA and I sold the LA and kept the Cole Buxton’s. They are a tad higher quality and the taper and fit is better on me compared to the LA.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They take inspiration from old school British boxing trainers so it might cause of that? I own a pair of the sweatpants and have owned the LA and I sold the LA and kept the Cole Buxton’s. They are a tad higher quality and the taper and fit is better on me compared to the LA.

Man, the taper on the LA sweats is perfect. What makes those better? Also better quality? How so? I mean, comparing 26oz to 15oz is quite the difference in weight.

ggss09

Reaction score
Need some second eyes on this. Not JE but got the ALD core nylon pants which I really wnted but sadly isn't quite fitting as i wanted.
FIrst pic is how it looks naturally
View attachment 1508974
and second is how I would have liked it to look (my right leg, held up by my hand):
View attachment 1508975

It's obviously too long, are there any way to achieve the second look, given that there is a zip down the ankle and elastic cuff - making it hard to hem?

Sorry again about non JE but you guys are the fit kings :D

since its an elastic waistband maybe you can wear it higher on the waist? not sure how much of a difference it'll make but could help.

JH_SF

Reaction score
They take inspiration from old school British boxing trainers so it might be cause of that? I own a pair of the sweatpants and have owned the LA and I sold the LA and kept the Cole Buxton’s. They are a tad higher quality and the taper and fit is better on me compared to the LA.

Any fit pics of the cole buxtons? How’d you size?

a feline mage

Reaction score
Need some second eyes on this. Not JE but got the ALD core nylon pants which I really wnted but sadly isn't quite fitting as i wanted.
FIrst pic is how it looks naturally and second is how I would have liked it to look (my right leg, held up by my hand):

It's obviously too long, are there any way to achieve the second look, given that there is a zip down the ankle and elastic cuff - making it hard to hem?

Sorry again about non JE but you guys are the fit kings :D

You could do the dreaded inner cuff lol.

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, the taper on the LA sweats is perfect. What makes those better? Also better quality? How so? I mean, comparing 26oz to 15oz is quite the difference in weight.
CB has way tighter cuffs and it’s a little bit slimmer. I can’t really explain it but the way it is structured and hold itself together works better on me. The LA has more of a lounge and chill vibe to it whereas the CB is more rustic.

The one thing I didn’t like about the LA was how the waistband stretched out so it would always sag on me even after I tied the drawstrings. The CB’s waistband is really tight and hugs you (in a comfortable way) which was one of the main deciding factors for me. The wash and the fabric beats out (slightly) the LA imho.

I honestly didn’t even notice there was that much of a weigh difference. I thought they were the same weight until you pointed it out. It’s definitely something you need in hand to see what I’m talking about.

I can say that the LA are definitely more comfortable tho but I don’t miss it.

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any fit pics of the cole buxtons? How’d you size?
Here is an old pic I posted here. 8F352216-DA87-444C-B3E9-DB5F9AB51866.jpeg

I went with my TTS small. Same size I took the LA.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
since its an elastic waistband maybe you can wear it higher on the waist? not sure how much of a difference it'll make but could help.
nah.. i tried. this is as far as i can go without crushing my balls lol
I'm just gonna take it to the tailors and see what they can do. If not I'll have to have a deep think about returning them, it took me a while to locate these so hard to just return them.

serj

Reaction score
The Kingston again...Anyone think I should just ditch this small and just get a TTS medium?

Attachments

• 86D9112A-1502-48EC-989B-AEEE61CECC8D.jpeg
    86D9112A-1502-48EC-989B-AEEE61CECC8D.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 94

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads