• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jcosia

Reaction score
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well.

How do you guys go about keeping your AE tee sleeves unrolled after washing or even while wearing them? I’m starting to get annoyed that they don’t stay unrolled even when putting a jacket on.

Any insight helps, thanks fellas!

aJEfan

Reaction score

How do you guys go about keeping your AE tee sleeves unrolled after washing or even while wearing them? I’m starting to get annoyed that they don’t stay unrolled even when putting a jacket on.

With a jacket I have to manually straighten them out, but otherwise the sleeves on my AE tees don't roll up significantly. Only what I'd expect for an unfinished hem. I also lay them flat to dry and use my hands to press and shape the sleeve to its normal length straight out the wash which helps.

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Isn’t that the whole point of the tee?

itzkoolkidkam

Reaction score
Blackmeans trucker

31AB6C08-3D2E-42C1-A769-D71F3B461952.jpeg

a feline mage

Reaction score

I hang dry after washing. I find that just that step alone mostly straightens them out. Then once they're dry (and wrinkled) I toss them in the lowest setting in my dryer for literally like 1 minute. Rarely one will come out curled up, sometimes I'll hit them with the iron real quick just on the ends if it's bothering me.

Isn’t that the whole point of the tee?

Great question lol. I was personally basing how they "should" look off JE's own pics and they never seem to be rolled. So I just figured they're not supposed to be. The rolling doesn't bother me in general but my linen AE in particular gets to the point where it looks like a Fruit Roll-Up on the bottom.

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great question lol. I was personally basing how they "should" look off JE's own pics and they never seem to be rolled. So I just figured they're not supposed to be. The rolling doesn't bother me in general but my linen AE in particular gets to the point where it looks like a Fruit Roll-Up on the bottom.
Fair enough. I don’t wear my AE tees enough for me to get that point but I can definitely see it being a bother.

a feline mage

Reaction score
Fair enough. I don’t wear my AE tees enough for me to get that point but I can definitely see it being a bother.

Yeah I like the slight curl they come with out of the bag. Like not fully rolled up but also not straight.

My linen AE gets to like 3+ inches of rolled up material on the bottom if I let it do its thing. If the AEs weren't so long in general I'd be afraid it's gonna turn into a crop top.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads