• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Escobar’s definitely are not worth $248 ?. If those are $248, brand new LA Sweats with 26oz probably gonna be $248 after discount.

dustinr

Reaction score
Matter of personal taste. Personally, I don't like super tight sweatpants. And, I think zippers all over sweatshirts look very dated (to be fair, I wasn't a huge fan years ago when they came out either).

At any rate, the price 25% price increase make both of them a strong no-go in my opinion.

Fair enough, totally get that. I think the zippers on the villains are at least not as obnoxious as something like the Clash Crew from a few years back.

I don't own a pair of the LA sweats that everyone seems to love (most of my recent JE purchases have been denim - I don't ever really wear sweats out in public).

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like escos , mostly at home for sure. I’ll try LA if they release. Ive been doing JE for a while now and not one release ?. Villain ive soured on unless im layering under a jacket. Gotta hide the side zips

thekidcub

Reaction score
Socks came in this week...

Also picked up the polartec reversible half zip which is a new favorite item from JE. Super cozy, only gripe is that the waistband is a bit snug.

I dig the socks a lot, but only have uniqlo and american trench to compare them to. Definitely a lot more comfortable than uniqlo (also 10x the price) and a smidge nicer than my american trench. I also like that they’re on the shorter side lengthwise

Attachments

• A1D11ED4-C914-4FFB-AF6C-3ABA00FC4B62.jpeg
    A1D11ED4-C914-4FFB-AF6C-3ABA00FC4B62.jpeg
    344.9 KB · Views: 51

aJEfan

Reaction score
Socks came in this week...

Also picked up the polartec reversible half zip which is a new favorite item from JE. Super cozy, only gripe is that the waistband is a bit snug.

I dig the socks a lot, but only have uniqlo and american trench to compare them to. Definitely a lot more comfortable than uniqlo (also 10x the price) and a smidge nicer than my american trench. I also like that they’re on the shorter side lengthwise

Are you also finding it too tight when the fleece is inside?

PDL24DCP

Reaction score
I was really hoping to use my store credit/gc on getting suckered into some more denim I don’t need but alas. I do also like some of the tie dye, especially the double dye stuff. The new stuff is nice, it’s just ridiculously expensive. I know it’s more premium and nicer than things you get at other non high end places but the looks of it are shall we say not dissimilar...hoping there’s a flash sale coming at some point to redeem the sale letdown so far

thekidcub

Reaction score
Are you also finding it too tight when the fleece is inside?
i’d say pretty much the same no matter how you wear it, maybe slightly tighter with the fleece on the outside. it basically sits right around your belt loop

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JE Holiday recap to date:

- 30% off VIP code that worked on approximately 6 highly undesirable items on the site

- Villains and Escobars (the hottest look of 2014) discounted down to the original retail price from a couple months ago from their inexplicably jacked up price

- A collection of tie dyed everything that has yet to sell out in one size, for one item yet

Can't wait to see what other "surprises" are in store.

JE is becoming a cautionary tale. Today we got “treated” to camo basketball shorts for $200.

John is more interested in impressing Beijing Lebron vs his actual fans that pay for his clothes. Makes sense as most of his clothes are now made In communist China.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m actually surprised the hats were Made in China. Seems like something so simple that making it in the US would still be cost efficient.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads