• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Atao

Reaction score
If you really wanna nerd out about business and mens fashion, just read some of the most current interviews from the dude that started Band Of Outsiders, Scott Sternberg. I can't remember what article I read, but he was basically talking about how they got way too focused on growth and becoming bigger rather than just being cool with being a small-ish label making pretty good money as a niche brand. Before he knew it, they were in every major retailer. With the recent closures of Barneys, and some other big retailers like them you can see that the trend for success is direct to consumer. For one thing, look at how awful stuff gets styled if a lot of these retailers are left to their own devices. That in and of itself is a huge selling point. Nike is the king at this. They will instantly sell out of something on their own site that sits forever on somebody else's and its all because they just marketed the product better and made it look more premium.
I can talk for hours about business and men’s fashion lol I’ll have to look for that article!

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep! I think that was it. I loved reading about that. And yea, those big retailers really push brands to the brink sometimes and when you're small you feel like lucky they're even paying you any attention.
Yeah I have a business of fashion account, lots of interesting articles. I PDF them sometimes and send them to a few folks from time to time. I’ll send you some good **** when I come across it.

htrannn

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but I think the brand itself is just evolving in a creative and innovative way. I think there's been some really good product thats come out of it, but the techniques and materials used just make it so hard to afford.

Some of the leather escobar and anorak items have been awesome but at $1600? These different tie dye and marble dye products getting up to nearly $300 for shirts?

I've been in and out (mostly out due to schedule) of these forums for a while now but every time I check in there's new products that have taken a leap forward in price.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but I think the brand itself is just evolving in a creative and innovative way. I think there's been some really good product thats come out of it, but the techniques and materials used just make it so hard to afford.

Some of the leather escobar and anorak items have been awesome but at $1600? These different tie dye and marble dye products getting up to nearly $300 for shirts?

I've been in and out (mostly out due to schedule) of these forums for a while now but every time I check in there's new products that have taken a leap forward in price.
Or old products that have taken a leap forward in price

TCNY

Reaction score
Yeah I have a business of fashion account, lots of interesting articles. I PDF them sometimes and send them to a few folks from time to time. I’ll send you some good **** when I come across it.
mind if i get some too? Ty!

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As a small aside, if you find the BoF articles reposted elsewhere/shared of value, consider subscribing. Good journalism needs to be paid, otherwise...

If you're buying $200 sweats, you can probably make it work financially :redface:

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get my style inspiration from @nsubrmnn

Attachments

• E7A691C6-042C-4580-BFC3-09E5A52EA51A.jpeg
    E7A691C6-042C-4580-BFC3-09E5A52EA51A.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 63

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get my style inspiration from @nsubrmnn
Love the shorts fit on you bro. Good stuff.

I have a couple things Im considering in the sale, namely the meadow polo and the pacific beach crew. Initially I was a bigger fan of the plum colorway which I have but I'm so fickle lol. Pacific looks better now that I have the plum

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads