• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah nimbus only gets hate on the tightness. The washed is amazing. Just fits super snugged.

drumsdrumsdrums

Reaction score
Can any of you guys attest to the Obsidians level of stretch? I'm a first time JE cast 2 buyer - I'm 6'5 210 lbs and usually wear a 36 but was hoping these would have a little stretch to them. Have had 2 escobars in size Large and they stretch to fit perfectly. I know you can't return or exchange sale items but the money off is so appealing for someone like me looking for a long inseam slim legged stretch denim. All info woud be much appreciated!

Wally_SF

Reaction score
Can any of you guys attest to the Obsidians level of stretch? I'm a first time JE cast 2 buyer - I'm 6'5 210 lbs and usually wear a 36 but was hoping these would have a little stretch to them. Have had 2 escobars in size Large and they stretch to fit perfectly. I know you can't return or exchange sale items but the money off is so appealing for someone like me looking for a long inseam slim legged stretch denim. All info woud be much appreciated!

If you want a pant with stretch go with carbons. Obsidians are good, but tend to bag out in the waist and knees with moderate wear, but aren't "stretchy" and feel more raw than anything

drumsdrumsdrums

Reaction score
If you want a pant with stretch go with carbons. Obsidians are good, but tend to bag out in the waist and knees with moderate wear, but aren't "stretchy" and feel more raw than anything
If only they had the carbons in a 36 or 38! Thanks for the info. That being said, do you think they'd still have more stretch/movement than my iron hearts? The older I get the more I need pants to actually move with my body, not against me Lol

veez

Reaction score
I'm kind of disappointed so far...
Also I guess they must've loaded the discounts way earlier because ANYTHING that I would have gotten wasn't even available in my size from 11AM sharp dude..

boxdok

Reaction score
Has anyone bought or seen the Kopper Cast 2 in person and can give a review? I'm surprised they haven't dropped on JE website yet.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would be wild if 30% does not apply to exclusives. Looks like JE is going that route though.

Yeah I am not expecting much as far as the discount. Not sure I’m expecting much out of the products either lol.

edlox

Reaction score
i copped my nimbus second-hand off grailed...seller said he wore them about 10x and when i got them, they fit tts as all my other cast2s in the same size. guess i got lucky.

Wally_SF

Reaction score
If only they had the carbons in a 36 or 38! Thanks for the info. That being said, do you think they'd still have more stretch/movement than my iron hearts? The older I get the more I need pants to actually move with my body, not against me Lol

They will definitely have more movement than your Iron hearts - those things are built to last

You should be fine, especially getting them on sale!

drumsdrumsdrums

Reaction score
They will definitely have more movement than your Iron hearts - those things are built to last

You should be fine, especially getting them on sale!
Seriously, they'll most certainly outlive me lol. Do the obsidians last/hold up well? Appreciate all the info, most likely going to pull the trigger since they're the cheapest I've seen

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads