• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lovemybed

Reaction score
Not my thing. $400 to have to cut the denim myself? No thanks.

Someone should put them on for you and button them up too.

I’m teasing. I agree with you for the most part. I don’t think cutting it would be tough at all though. But the hem isn’t my thing. Funny enough I saw Levi’s with a somewhat similar wash as Ash.

JE on Saks has gone on significant discount in the past. Wonder when that happens again.

tommo

Reaction score
Not my thing. $400 to have to cut the denim myself? No thanks.

the raw hem of the skittles was most likely done with a dremel tool, or something like that.

The cool thing about the Ash is the wash is like nothing else you can buy, it’s awesome and probably the most impressive JE wash I’ve seen. In the flesh it’s incredible.
I agree they should be perfect, but the few minutes it took to take the length out of the fraying is really nothing

stix222

Reaction score
Bravo JE, FW20 Lookbook is a return to form (besides that color-blocked overshirt), there's some good layering action going on again. I'd fw the destroyed sweater too (on sale)...

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bravo JE, FW20 Lookbook is a return to form (besides that color-blocked overshirt), there's some good layering action going on again. I'd fw the destroyed sweater too (on sale)...
This season has turned out some surprisingly good products despite the not so stellar look book

BigRed

Reaction score
I feel like these are a good match for the “paper thin” LA sweats in Carbon
0687E6A5-C006-4C31-978D-61AE90CEFEFB.jpeg

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the great fabric weight debate of 2020 from a while back, did Mike ever chime in and allude to heavier LA sweats returning? I’m looking for a heavyweight pair of sweats for winter and am hoping that’s the case. I like the FOG Core’s but could go without the dick tag front and center

edit: let me add a JE related fit pic since it’s been a while, Kane 2 Carbons and Mars
3B4B9CA3-92E9-467E-A39E-5FA41DDC8D41.jpeg

Last edited:

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the great fabric weight debate of 2020 from a while back, did Mike ever chime in and allude to heavier LA sweats returning? I’m looking for a heavyweight pair of sweats for winter and am hoping that’s the case. I like the FOG Core’s but could go without the dick tag front and center
you could try these https://www.colebuxton.com/products/heavyweight-warm-up-pants-pink?variant=22526867439734. I think they have natural and black too.
I've got the shorts version and they're pretty comfy and thick

jsoo24

Reaction score

edit: let me add a JE related fit pic since it’s been a while, Kane 2 Carbons and Mars
View attachment 1464129
that RRL sweater!

Lovemybed

Reaction score
Does anyone know the difference between the Inverness vs Bullit and Avalon Vs. Coast Thumpers? The washes look very similar.

Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads