• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lovemybed

Reaction score
For anyone that has the season 7.5 thumper in washed black, does the color of your jacket look almost like a faded grey? I purchased it off grail and it was supposedly never washed but I had them dry cleaned. I kinda wish the color was darker as shown in the stock photos. View attachment 1459816 View attachment 1459817

JE stock pics especially from past seasons have always made the colors look more vibrant. I don’t know the photography terms since I’m not a photographer at all, but basically the stock pics on their site for previous items have been very different in my experience. It’s annoying.

kevsdead

Reaction score
JE stock pics especially from past seasons have always made the colors look more vibrant. I don’t know the photography terms since I’m not a photographer at all, but basically the stock pics on their site for previous items have been very different in my experience. It’s annoying.
Oh I see, I thought I completely ruined the wash but still the difference is pretty substantial

Deceive

Reaction score
For anyone that has the season 7.5 thumper in washed black, does the color of your jacket look almost like a faded grey? I purchased it off grail and it was supposedly never washed but I had them dry cleaned. I kinda wish the color was darker as shown in the stock photos. View attachment 1459816 View attachment 1459817

It is definitely a lighter grey than the stock photos indicate

5D0374D2-2F66-4238-9F0A-763268D46694.jpeg

flipsilk

Reaction score
Thinking of giving the Hemi a try. I'm a 3/L in classic crews, AEs, and the old curved hem flannels but a 2/M in my longsleeve Uni. Website says the 6'2 model is wearing a 2/M so im leaning that way (im 6ft).

Any strong opinions on the matter?

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of giving the Hemi a try. I'm a 3/L in classic crews, AEs, and the old curved hem flannels but a 2/M in my longsleeve Uni. Website says the 6'2 model is wearing a 2/M so im leaning that way (im 6ft).

Any strong opinions on the matter?
It’s oversized so if you generally follow the model and it looks good on them stick with that size

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made my first ever purchase on the JE website, the plum AE and the beach crew. Even though these have hit other retailers, my size is mostly gone or low in stock and wasn't sure I'd be able to grab them later on sale.

Lovemybed

Reaction score
Made my first ever purchase on the JE website, the plum AE and the beach crew. Even though these have hit other retailers, my size is mostly gone or low in stock and wasn't sure I'd be able to grab them later on sale.

The beach crew fits slim in TTS if that's what you are going for.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fits like the beach hoodie if you have that. And not overly slim.
hmm I've got the raglan hoodie TTS and according to measurements the beach crew has the same chest width? doubts are starting to creep in..

Lovemybed

Reaction score
hmm I've got the raglan hoodie TTS and according to measurements the beach crew has the same chest width? doubts are starting to creep in..

TTS is fine. I just felt it fit a bit slim. But everyone's preferences are different. I like a crewneck to fit a bit looser and relaxed.

I also am in a weird size range where I'm in between 2 sizes lol.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TTS is fine. I just felt it fit a bit slim. But everyone's preferences are different. I like a crewneck to fit a bit looser and relaxed.

I also am in a weird size range where I'm in between 2 sizes lol.
True. Any fit pics you got?
I too like them roomy and relaxed but I can work with slim fit, as long as it doesn't feel like its stuck on my body.

Nightlines

Reaction score
Thinking of grabbing a pair of Raw Indigos as a dark wash to complete the collection. Anyone have experience and know if they're prone to bleeding on everything?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads