• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how'd you size?

TTS, same as I'd take in JE hoodies (small). Attaching a couple fit pics w/ Kane Dales to keep it relevant.
IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_3284.jpg

Casual get up for Friday night beers

Cast 2 Juliettes
White Anti Expo
Zadig and Voltaire flannel

Those Friday Beers just hit different.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw mention of the skel tops earlier in the thread. Just an FYI - They’re made in China and are essentially expensive Jordan SBBs with better ankle padding. Not worth the $700 in my opinion. I have on Sahara’s so this is technically JE relevant ?

View attachment 1448849

Im not getting the reference to that specific pair of 1s (SBB). Are you referring to the leather?

Jflo301

Reaction score
I saw mention of the skel tops earlier in the thread. Just an FYI - They’re made in China and are essentially expensive Jordan SBBs with better ankle padding. Not worth the $700 in my opinion. I have on Sahara’s so this is technically JE relevant ?

View attachment 1448849
Really? They’re made in China? I have the skel toe slip ons and those are made in Spain (not that that means anything) just weird that they’re not manufactured in the same place. I definitely wouldn’t pay retail for anything Amiri but I got mine for around $200 and I’m not mad at all. Ironically your pic of these makes me want them now haha.
0C468F24-CF70-4EA3-A292-B49FEFAF755B.jpeg

Pic with Nero’s to stay relevant.

thatsoutbro

Reaction score
Really? They’re made in China? I have the skel toe slip ons and those are made in Spain (not that that means anything) just weird that they’re not manufactured in the same place. I definitely wouldn’t pay retail for anything Amiri but I got mine for around $200 and I’m not mad at all. Ironically your pic of these makes me want them now haha.
Pic with Nero’s to stay relevant.

Yeah man! I couldn’t believe it. Notice how none of the fashion houses who carried them mention the made in origin either. I dropped them off back to fedex this morning because I was pissed lol. Didn’t get a chance to take a pic of the made in China tag on the tongue.

I feel like Rhude did the Jordan inspired right with their made in Italy vintage ‘85 style rhecess and hoped Amiri would follow suit. Not saying this is true but It feels like they struck a deal with a Chinese Jordan 1 manufacturer and made them adjust to their design specs. No high end materials or changes.. I’m a slut for the J1 silhouette so If I find a pair $400 and under I’ll buy again. They’re dope but I just felt duped

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah man! I couldn’t believe it. Notice how none of the fashion houses who carried them mention the made in origin either. I dropped them off back to fedex this morning because I was pissed lol. Didn’t get a chance to take a pic of the made in China tag on the tongue.

I feel like Rhude did the Jordan inspired right with their made in Italy vintage ‘85 style rhecess and hoped Amiri would follow suit. Not saying this is true but It feels like they struck a deal with a Chinese Jordan 1 manufacturer and made them adjust to their design specs. No high end materials or changes.. I’m a slut for the J1 silhouette so If I find a pair $400 and under I’ll buy again. They’re dope but I just felt duped

The resale prices on Grailed are a joke!

Jflo301

Reaction score

I recently picked up the Rhude recess HI’s and can confirm the quality and silhouette is great. I’ll be on the lookout for the skel tops on sale too.

thuper_therious

Reaction score
If you’re not wearing them then there’s no reason to keep them. Unless you mean you were holding off until it got colder.
I love my Sochis honestly. I can’t wait for them to restock or come in different colors if that ever happens

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love my Sochis honestly. I can’t wait for them to restock or come in different colors if that ever happens
Been thinking of copping a pair for awhile but never got around to pull the trigger. Do you go the same size as Escos?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads