• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you like the fit of the sleeves length wise?
I like them. I’ll probably roll them mostly but they arent too long or too short. Hits me pretty good and i have longer arms. Its a dope jacket, ive been waiting a while to be able to get one since i wasnt around for avalon.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coast 2 thumper came in! Heres a quick fit i did. Really excited about this one!

Cast 2 carbons
Carbon university tee
Carnival tan beach hoodie
Coast 2 thumper

also a fit with just a white anti expo tee. I like the way it layers in the back with that cut.

last pic i layered with a grey villain (still a dope hoodie imo)

lets get some cooler weather now!

constructive criticism...that thumper is too big on you

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it fits perfect with a hoodie underneath, which is what ill be wearing 90% of the time in minnesota.
Listen man, I’m not trying to be a jerk. I’ve made a lot of sizing mistakes over the years. Usually when someone from the outside said, that’s too small or that too big, later on I realized it was sound advice. I think it’s hard to really judge things on yourself, it’s far easier for someone else to. If you’re spending that kind of money on a jacket, you need to know in 6 months it was the right choice. I’d buy the small and compare the two, and keep the one you like more in the end.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Listen man, I’m not trying to be a jerk. I’ve made a lot of sizing mistakes over the years. Usually when someone from the outside said, that’s too small or that too big, later on I realized it was sound advice. I think it’s hard to really judge things on yourself, it’s far easier for someone else to. If you’re spending that kind of money on a jacket, you need to know in 6 months it was the right choice. I’d buy the small and compare the two, and keep the one you like more in the end.
I like the intent of your constructive criticism but from the photos the size is at a level where personal taste can swing it either way, it's not one of those obviously missized items that you later look back and go 'holy **** I wore it like THAT?'

But then again, personally I wouldn't rely on having a hoodie underneath to make it the right size, I'd get the right size for just a tee and get a layering hoodie that's not too thick that it would affect your jacket size

aaronj15

Reaction score
I would judge the fit for the thumpers on sleeve length and where the shoulders are. I guess if you roll them up it shouldn’t look too off, but the sleeves should probably hit at your wrists. I bought a royal thumper and now have realized I probably should’ve went a size down. At the end of the day if you’re happy with it then that’s all that matters

Nightlines

Reaction score
Could anyone help me figure out my real size for Cast 2s? I'm currently wearing a size 30 Juliette since the waist was 16.5 originally (on SSense and size charts) and has now stretched to almost a 17. Granted it's been about three days of wearing, if even. They're pretty damn snug on my waist and sitting is noticeably tight, but it isn't awful. Thigh and hem-wise they actually fit perfectly, it's just the waist that's a little snug. I actually want more washes because of how ridiculously good these look in person and the quality, but I have no idea what size I get. 30 in Juliettes could be completely different from another pair based on what I've seen combing through measurement posts and listings, but a 31 or 32 could also be wrong. Do I just wing it and pray based on the Juliette sizing?

Forgot to mention I usually went for a 32-33 in jeans for Ksubi and Allsaints. Measurements were usually 16-17.

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thank you dude. I appreciate the feedback i really do.You guys help me a ton with sizing i dont have a great eye for it. ?

Last edited:

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would judge the fit for the thumpers on sleeve length and where the shoulders are. I guess if you roll them up it shouldn’t look too off, but the sleeves should probably hit at your wrists. I bought a royal thumper and now have realized I probably should’ve went a size down. At the end of the day if you’re happy with it then that’s all that matters
You almost need two different sized thumpers for spring / fall.

thekidcub

Reaction score
anybody know when they switched from making the bowling shirts in Japan to China? Also noticed my Jellyfish is 100% tencel while the daisy is 100% cotton

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You almost need two different sized thumpers for spring / fall.
Yeah I agree. Honestly if you like the fit stay with. If you are on the fence, maybe cop the smaller size and go from there. Being from Ohio I like to have a jacket that I can layer and I can wear with a tee. Unfortunately I’m on the bigger side so The biggest thumper I barely can fit a hoodie under it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads