• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Assuming most of you use Grailed, and likely sell there - fees are now 9% (50% increase from the previous 6%) plus 2.9% for PayPal. Apparently getting people to actually follow through on offers warrants a massive fee jump.

You’ve been warned.
Wow that’s insane. Every app are upping fees smh

Last edited:

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1798AD8A-3F49-44D1-A462-DC3D993CCBE8.jpeg

Bimmer93

Reaction score
They increased the fees because people back out on offers? Seems like a terrible burden to pass onto customers
Indirectly - the rationale for increased fees is features like binding offers and tools to help things sell faster. If it’s something somebody wants, it sells plenty fast enough without some semi useless features.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You’re alive!
You know I'm back like I never left. (Macklemore voice)
Gonna walk around the world in leopard print shorts now.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you mean the lynx? I wear a small too. Medium does not look right on me. I’m 6’1, 175
yes, lynx. they are same style as bball from last season I guess? or they changed anything in fit which is why the name change?

spikefugazi

Reaction score
So I just got my girl the bomber and a main selling point is that it says made in Los Angeles. But the tag on it says ******* made in China. I just paid almost $500 for a bomber made in China? I’m legit pissed. View attachment 1438961
Every time I see someone complain about "made in China," I get racist vibes. You better have legit reasons, not just "inferior quality," "fake goods," etc. This whole elitism about "Italian fabric" being better, "French design" being superior, and "Portuguese manufacturing" being the best needs to stop. It's just a cheap marketing tactic by a lot of companies to get consumers to buy their goods. Where a garment is made doesn't always reflect its quality. Not all factories/companies based in a particular country are the same.

Kger91

Reaction score
Every time I see someone complain about "made in China," I get racist vibes. You better have legit reasons, not just "inferior quality," "fake goods," etc. This whole elitism about "Italian fabric" being better, "French design" being superior, and "Portuguese manufacturing" being the best needs to stop. It's just a cheap marketing tactic by a lot of companies to get consumers to buy their goods. Where a garment is made doesn't always reflect its quality. Not all factories/companies based in a particular country are the same.
For me, when I see a tag that says "Made in China/India/Turkey/Mexico/Etc." it tells me that the company is trying to reduce labor costs for manufacturing by using (some might say taking advantage of) foreign labor laws that American labor laws can't compete with. Otherwise, you would just make everything in America since you are technically a USA based business. Some people will pay more for that "Made in USA" tag knowing they are supporting American Labor/Manufacturing/Entrepreneurship so when they find out it's not supporting that it can be a bit of a bummer. Just my .02.

thuper_therious

Reaction score
Dude ethical reasons. A country that heavily censors its citizens, is literally erasing a culture of a certain people and on and on. Also being made in LA is a major selling point and the description also said it had RiRi zippers and it didn’t.

thuper_therious

Reaction score
Dude ethical reasons. A country that heavily censors its citizens, is literally erasing a culture of a certain people and on and on. Also being made in LA is a major selling point and the description also said it had RiRi zippers and it didn’t. I try to go out of my way to not support a regime like that. Imagine you were on a strict diet eating a particular item because of it’s nutritional facts then you find out whoops our bad it’s actually not at all helping your dieting goals.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads