• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bimmer93

Reaction score
John could crush it with more options of Practice Shorts, I’m sure, but I feel like it would go against the brand ethos. He seems pretty committed to fabric and print and story development, so it’s hard to imagine him just blatantly going after the EE market. That being said, somebody should. There is no freaking way those shorts are worth the hype they’re churning up, right???

I think I’d buy into the fabric and print development angle for shorts more if we hadn’t seen the Villain (and any terry product, really) pumped out in every color under the sun for the last 5 years.

I will say, I have quite a few pairs of EE shorts and love the fit, colors, and patterns. Yes, they are single layer so they won’t have a similar look and feel to JE but I find them to be super comfortable and great for summer. I wouldn’t equate the single layer or being more of a see through mesh to low quality - I’ve found them to be great quality, just different aspects. If you view quality as weight and layers then they may not be for you.

They actually pair quite well with vintage tees and more classic looks given their simplicity.

Great shorts if you can get them on drop day? Yes. Worth the hype? Debatable.

Last edited:

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I’d buy into the fabric and print development angle for shorts more if we hadn’t seen the Villain (and any terry product, really) pumped out in every color under the sun for the last 5 years.

I will say, I have quite a few pairs of EE shorts and love the fit, colors, and patterns. Yes, they are single layer so they won’t have a similar look and feel to JE but I find them to be super comfortable and great for summer. I wouldn’t equate the single layer or being more of a see through mesh to low quality - I’ve found them to be great quality, just different aspects. If you view quality as weight and layers then they may not be for you.

They actually pair quite well with vintage tees and more classic looks given their simplicity.

Great shorts if you can get them on drop day? Yes. Worth the hype? Debatable.

Great point. The practice short for me is a staple, a few more options right now during summer would be nice besides that woodland print that I really dont like.

ggss09

Reaction score
Are the practice shorts and game shorts both double layered?

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seasonal/Mainline colors have to be in the plans at some point. This is JE we talkin about. Tell em @MIKE_JE

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The more I look at the Steelhead Marble the more I like it. Probably the best dye since the Marble OS / AE. Really curious if the sweats/hoodies that are coming are Heavyweight, ?.

MichaelPatrick0

Reaction score
Little off topic has anyone had any recent experience with binding offers on Grailed haven’t sold on there in a while .. do you get paid immediately?

edlox

Reaction score
Little off topic has anyone had any recent experience with binding offers on Grailed haven’t sold on there in a while .. do you get paid immediately?
after you accept an offer, you have 5 days to provide a tracking number thru the app. once you do that, your funds get released to your linked paypal account.

edit - heads up on grailed...some japanese seller listed about 50 je items this morning. some decent finds.

Last edited:

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
after you accept an offer, you have 5 days to provide a tracking number thru the app. once you do that, your funds get released to your linked paypal account.

edit - heads up on grailed...some japanese seller listed about 50 je items this morning. some decent finds.
With me my money Is immediately available. All depends on how your PayPal account. Had it for years and never had an issue.

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it can take a week or two to get your $$$ if you haven’t made a sale in awhile

edlox

Reaction score
ah ok...perhaps diff policies based on seller status? i made some sales since they rolled out binding offers, and the 5 day thing has been what i experienced for all of them.

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ah ok...perhaps diff policies based on seller status? i made some sales since they rolled out binding offers, and the 5 day thing has been what i experienced for all of them.
Might be a difference based on business account vs personal account.

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speedway Hemi
Juilette
7F047C57-0400-46AE-BAA0-D3589248CE55.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics