• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mookiej

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the JE face masks have a filter insert opening? I'm guessing they don't from the lack of description but just checking.

They do not. I also found the straps to be pretty short but they do stretch out over time. But the material itself is quite comfortable

thuper_therious

Reaction score
Has JE ever made solid color practice/game shorts? Been looking for a nice pair of mesh shorts and outside of Eric Emanuel (which I don't want to pay resell for), its kind of hard. Would be a nice addition to the mainline IMO.
Honestly if you want a solid functional short I’d get some lululemon. I have to break my wrist into damn near a 90 degree angle to get into my practice/game short pockets.

thuper_therious

Reaction score
I prefer the standard Himalayas. They are cotton/nylon blend (60%/40%?) so a bit less noisy. They are thin, which is fine for me as I can wear them in the house or outside and not get to hot. The material makes them a bit water repellent, spill repellent. I imagine the 100% high shrunk nylon are even more so. I tend to wear them straight leg (i.e., don’t utilize cinch) when just lounging or running quick errand. I hope you like them!
I’ll post fit pics and opinion tmrrw when they arrive. Thanks for the input!

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly if you want a solid functional short I’d get some lululemon. I have to break my wrist into damn near a 90 degree angle to get into my practice/game short pockets.
Ive got a pair i use. I like them. I would get another.

EhVos

Reaction score
someone recommended the 9" pace breaker liner-less a while back, got a pair and that's my new go to short

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got shipment confirmation from the sample sale. Ironically it’s the last item I ordered a couple of days after the initial launch of the sale lol.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has JE ever made solid color practice/game shorts? Been looking for a nice pair of mesh shorts and outside of Eric Emanuel (which I don't want to pay resell for), its kind of hard. Would be a nice addition to the mainline IMO.

Yellow Label Co. (formerly Seam) has been pushing theirs hard:

John could crush it with more options of Practice Shorts, I’m sure, but I feel like it would go against the brand ethos. He seems pretty committed to fabric and print and story development, so it’s hard to imagine him just blatantly going after the EE market. That being said, somebody should. There is no freaking way those shorts are worth the hype they’re churning up, right???

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love me some Yellow Label. All I’ve been wearing as of late. Paired with some JE tees ?

ggss09

Reaction score
Yellow Label Co. (formerly Seam) has been pushing theirs hard:

John could crush it with more options of Practice Shorts, I’m sure, but I feel like it would go against the brand ethos. He seems pretty committed to fabric and print and story development, so it’s hard to imagine him just blatantly going after the EE market. That being said, somebody should. There is no freaking way those shorts are worth the hype they’re churning up, right???

Actually just bought a pair of yellow labels earlier today, hopefully they're good.

Yeah fair, I see what you're saying about JE storytelling, fabrication and prints. I just think its very complimentary to the print-free, classic fabrication mainline stuff and fits well into their current catalog. I also won't complain if the midnight bloom gets restocked though LOL

JH_SF

Reaction score
How is the quality of the Yellow Label shorts? I own one pair of EE shorts and I love the cut I'm just disappointed that they're not lined. Can see right thru the mesh, would expect more if paying $100 for some shorts.

JE game/practice shorts have a more luxurious feel with the premium lining compared to EE.

gentlypfister

Reaction score
How is the quality of the Yellow Label shorts? I own one pair of EE shorts and I love the cut I'm just disappointed that they're not lined. Can see right thru the mesh, would expect more if paying $100 for some shorts.

JE game/practice shorts have a more luxurious feel with the premium lining compared to EE.

I second this. I have 3 pairs of EE shorts and although I like the fit of em, I may throw 2 of them up on Grailed since i dont grab too much. Quality of the JE Tie Dye shorts is way better for sure. I also go ASRV shorts sometimes and Lulu or Vuori shorts are a go too also. I just ordered Legends today so I'll update if they are any good, but def more of a gym short.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the black nogales shorts in, fkin amazing pair of shorts. Never worn such 'loud' piece before but I instantly feel very comfortable wearing it out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads