• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lovemybed

Reaction score
I'm so keen for this. I'm struggling to decide if I wanna pull the trigger, or wait for a sale and miss out completely and just end up searching for it on grailed/ebay for eternity like I'm doing with the cashmere sweater

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I haven’t seen one thing JE has recently released that hasn’t gone on sale. Feel like the same thing will happen with that flannel, but obviously it’s a risk/reward thing.

Lovemybed

Reaction score
Yikes. So I need a medium?! Lol. Man the size chart doesn’t clarity that. I’m an XL-2xl in raglan

It fits nothing like it does on the John Elliott website. That seems like a totally different jacket. I’d say go with how it looks like on Ssense. That’s the exact fit. What’s your height/weight?

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It fits nothing like it does on the John Elliott website. That seems like a totally different jacket. I’d say go with how it looks like on Ssense. That’s the exact fit. What’s your height/weight?
6’ 220 muscular. It’s crazy because the I see the nicasio bomber is in the same boat in sizing. And you are right, all of JE photos look like a slimmer jacket. Everywhere else it seems like an oversized bomber lol

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
D57C4F30-154B-4717-B84B-176CAD47BF75.jpeg
FBEB6633-A1EF-413E-B946-B0B17ED5720E.jpeg

?

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm so keen for this. I'm struggling to decide if I wanna pull the trigger, or wait for a sale and miss out completely and just end up searching for it on grailed/ebay for eternity like I'm doing with the cashmere sweater

Obviously, if it's something you can't live without, you should go ahead and grab it, but the cashmere sweaters weren't all that widely available, and you're looking for them damn near two years later. I see that Cinder Hemi on Ssense, End, JE, Saks, Xhibition, and the Corner, so there's a pretty solid chance you can get it at a discount if you're vigilant about it and stay on top of those sites.

Lovemybed

Reaction score
6’ 220 muscular. It’s crazy because the I see the nicasio bomber is in the same boat in sizing. And you are right, all of JE photos look like a slimmer jacket. Everywhere else it seems like an oversized bomber lol

Ohh. I’m pretty sure the other poster was talking about the parka, not the bomber. I only know about the parka and that thing fits big and puffy. I think the bomber is the same, but I don’t know first hand.

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just read the dimensions. For that jacket given the chest width I’d probably buy an XS personally. I wear a medium in the classic tee. No different than like a Canada goose jacket, I need to size down to small or XS in those as well.l depending on the style.
So I compared it to the thumper iii. The dimensions are close to that but I can tell my the photos this is incorrect.

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ohh. I’m pretty sure the other poster was talking about the parka, not the bomber. I only know about the parka and that thing fits big and puffy. I think the bomber is the same, but I don’t know first hand.
Yeah he was. Then I mentioned the bomber. I did some research and one of the members said the dimension for that bomber is actually the dimension to the regular bomber.

Capolol

Reaction score
So I compared it to the thumper iii. The dimensions are close to that but I can tell my the photos this is incorrect.

not arguing with you but a thumper iii medium chest width is 22 and that extra small bomber was 21.5. IMO chest width is the most important measurement, followed by arm length.

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not arguing with you but a thumper iii medium chest width is 22 and that extra small bomber was 21.5. IMO chest width is the most important measurement, followed by arm length.
Nah I wasn’t trying to argue. Sorry if it came off like that. Just having a convo. But thanks a lot of the insight. I’m going to go with your method. Sounds like a good direction. Appreciate it.

Capolol

Reaction score
Nah I wasn’t trying to argue. Sorry if it came off like that. Just having a convo. But thanks a lot of the insight. I’m going to go with your method. Sounds like a good direction. Appreciate it.

no worries. Buying **** online is tricky. Invest in a flexible tape measure if you don’t already have one. It helps to measure pieces you own and then think about how you want it to fit. In general with JE if it’s relaxed or oversized I go down a size, if it’s slim fit I go TTS. With that parka / bomber I’d probably go down 2 depending.

unfortunately for us that model in that picture is blessed and everything fits him amazingly because hes tall with long arms lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads