• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heard that! I don’t squat 405 or deadlift heavy stuff anymore. Not worth it and it’s not like I’m a pro athlete. Just wanna toned and lean. Funny thing is I have a little dog and I bent over while playing with him and that’s the moment it set it all off, not attempting heavy lifting

What I’ve learned/confirmed during COVID and no access to the gym is, body weight and high reps with lighter weight can be just as productive for muscle in its own way.

Yoshi

Reaction score
What I’ve learned/confirmed during COVID and no access to the gym is, body weight and high reps with lighter weight can be just as productive for muscle in its own way.
You can still get a great workout at home with body weight and minimal equipment, but it's definitely not as productive for building muscle. Especially if you're mainly doing high reps and lighter weight, progressive resistance is a must for muscle, otherwise you're just working on endurance.

Lextino

Reaction score
You already know !

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can still get a great workout at home with body weight and minimal equipment, but it's definitely not as productive for building muscle. Especially if you're mainly doing high reps and lighter weight, progressive resistance is a must for muscle, otherwise you're just working on endurance.

You have to also take into account varying areas of productivity - Muscles are not naturally meant to lift, pull, press excessive amounts of heavy weight. Working through lighter/medium weight and higher reps is sustainable and productive throughout ones life. Also, resistance can be manipulated in many ways, including pace and isolation through various forms of each individual exercise. If you only take into account bulky muscle from heavy weight, then sure you have a point, but it’s not the end all be all in productive weight training and growth.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pre covid: monstars
5 months into covid: nerdlucks

Jk. I’ve gotten much skinner w/o gym, but that’s on me. Gettin back into the groove of things.

Yoshi

Reaction score
Pre covid: monstars
5 months into covid: nerdlucks

Jk. I’ve gotten much skinner w/o gym, but that’s on me. Gettin back into the groove of things.
It would be dope if the NBA filled the stands with monstars instead of the fake people. Or possibly Pixar or Disney characters or animals? It is at Disneyworld already.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been a minute since I purchased some new JE. Grabbed the Hovers and another Sly (Mendocino Check) from the sample sale.

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to target looking like I could be mistaken for an employee. (With my cute as a muffin daughter)
Cast 2 carbons
Grey uni
Paloma hemi

Attachments

• 2EE81BE7-D922-40B6-9D7A-38C2B15C1D4E.jpeg
    2EE81BE7-D922-40B6-9D7A-38C2B15C1D4E.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 101

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These guys couldn’t copy JE any harder. They keep blowing up my phone with ads.

Deceive

Reaction score

Such is the nature of streetwear fast fashion - I know Fear of God & Chrome Hearts have both threatened litigation against them for stealing designs

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was bout to say I see a lot more than JE
In those designs... Amiri, FOG, Rhude, etc etc

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was tempted to cop a loose stitch raglan. Looked at the size chart and the sleeves were longer than the hoodie counterpart. The sleeves on the loose stitch hoodie are insanely long.

toomuchsauce

Reaction score

I'll admit, in my earlier days, I bought a few items from them and they were always terrible quality. Bad cuts, loose stitching everywhere, cheap feeling materials. I always ended up returning everything. I'd take H&M or Zara knockoffs over mnml any day haha.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads