• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jde754

Reaction score
on point and exactly how I wear mine! I prefer the swim short look over the practice and game shorts tbh.

yeah you know what John really made me realize I should or could be looking at swim shorts as actual shorts when shopping online. These do fit really well and the print is beach like so it does make the most sense on swimwear over basketball wear.

spikefugazi

Reaction score
Any of you got your hands on a Lucky tee yet? I want to know how sizing goes. I'd size down, but it seems like this tee has shorter sleeves. I don't want them to be any shorter.

spikefugazi

Reaction score
Thanks dog. Yeah I’m thinking I should keep em. Typically stay away from prints and bold colors because I’m fair skinned but I think these work on me
Bottoms in prints and bold colors are generally easier to work with than tops since they're farther away from the face (hope that makes sense), so don't be afraid to experiment with them.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just noticed something very strange about my Carbon Uni. The tag says 50% Supima 50% modal when it should be 100% cotton. Not only that, but the shirt is actually green in the daylight. This is my first Carbon piece, so I don’t know if it’s supposed to have a color hue (sort of how Slate had some blue). I actually like the color, but it’s certainly not grey. This is the shirt that bled a bit in the washer and stained some of my other tees- it was ordered from Ssense new with tags.
View attachment 1424475
View attachment 1424499
Has to be factory flaws across the board. Haven’t seen any greenish Carbon coloring on any Carbon piece...

??‍♂️

Come on guys. 1st off this is post wash, if there was color transfer to clothing than there was color loss. Developing colors is very difficult and there are “recipes” for specific colors. This is similar to what you learned in grade school, red + blue makes purple, same with various shades of grey.

I have attached some examples for various recipes for shades of grey, as you can see, a lot of them use green in the formulation. JE’s formula for carbon probably contains green in it, and when you washed the item you lost some of the other coloring.

C9C44A69-3506-49F9-9016-7C7E73911E10.png

Regarding tags, incorrect tags get added all the time, I’ve had JE shirts with two various tags. I’m sure the person sewing the tags on doesn’t look at the tag to verify it’s correct they just sew what is given to them.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
??‍♂️

Come on guys. 1st off this is post wash, if there was color transfer to clothing than there was color loss. Developing colors is very difficult and there are “recipes” for specific colors. This is similar to what you learned in grade school, red + blue makes purple, same with various shades of grey.

I have attached some examples for various recipes for shades of grey, as you can see, a lot of them use green in the formulation. JE’s formula for carbon probably contains green in it, and when you washed the item you lost some of the other coloring.

View attachment 1424949
Regarding tags, incorrect tags get added all the time, I’ve had JE shirts with two various tags. I’m sure the person sewing the tags on doesn’t look at the tag to verify it’s correct they just sew what is given to them.

If my Carbon Beach Hoodie turns green Ima be pissed ??‍♂️

MTPromises

Reaction score
The Nimbus, Coast and Skittles restock seems to have the double layer details removed. Email I recieved from JE has pictures of pairs with both single layer and double layer details. But I think they just used old photos with the double layered details by mistake. Its a shame

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
??‍♂️

View attachment 1424949
Slate is a dark gray with a colored hue, it’s not that far fetched for Carbon to be the same to someone who hasn’t seen it before. That being said the green makes sense if the colors ran.

CARTEL777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Nimbus, Coast and Skittles restock seems to have the double layer details removed. Email I recieved from JE has pictures of pairs with both single layer and double layer details. But I think they just used old photos with the double layered details by mistake. Its a shame

Bring the double layer details back, @MIKE_JE!

Last edited:

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Single layer, paper thin LA sweats, Green dye... WTF is going on around here!?

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slate is a dark gray with a colored hue, it’s not that far fetched for Carbon to be the same to someone who hasn’t seen it before. That being said the green makes sense if the colors ran.
Not sure what you’re trying to imply, but this is the definition of slate gray, “Slate grey is a grey color with a slight azure tinge”, so yes it’s a dark grey with a blue hue

BigRed

Reaction score
I wish they would bring Slate back because I’d love to pick up a slate AE tee

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads