• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spikefugazi

Reaction score
It’s not like that, man. I appreciate some of your posts, but that 3 day period even you are aware of ?. Come on.
For sure, and I admit I was bored due to the lack of new pieces from JE and just wanted new ideas to put together my style during this time. I don't usually do that.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trust me. I don't mind at all. I understand it can possibly get annoying if the discussion gets too long-winded, but I've never seen it go too far. Unless JE is paying some sort of fee to styleforum to keep this thread open (I have no idea), I don't see anything wrong with some occasional discussion of other brands.

JE does pay a fee to styleforum, this is an official affiliate thread. That said I don't really mind a little other discussion if it doesn't go too far. Mike never answered me when I asked if other stores would be selling the lighter LA sweats. I wanted to support some smaller stores, JE will make it out of the pandemic but some stores won't like Need Supply.

nick227

Reaction score
Scored a Olive Jupiter shirt from Nordstrom Canada for a crazy steal.... super stoked!! Hopefully I actually get the real shirt in LOL

MMcFly

Reaction score
Can one of you guys remind me which jacket this is?
https://johnelliott.imgix.net/produ...97287&auto=format&lossless=false&fm=jpeg&q=50
1594774210428.png

Lovemybed

Reaction score
Scored a Olive Jupiter shirt from Nordstrom Canada for a crazy steal.... super stoked!! Hopefully I actually get the real shirt in LOL

So Nordstrom constantly restocks items one by one that were sold out. I'm assuming these items are returns. That's what makes me hesitant on purchasing anything from them, especially after I got burned with jeans that had JE tags.

nick227

Reaction score
So Nordstrom constantly restocks items one by one that were sold out. I'm assuming these items are returns. That's what makes me hesitant on purchasing anything from them, especially after I got burned with jeans that had JE tags.

Yeah, I’ve never had any bad luck copping those though. Got my Carnival Sage Uni, Raw Indigos, Carnival Tan Beach Hoodie, a few AEs all at 60-70% off the last few months. Worst case I just return it so it’s worth the risk.

Lovemybed

Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve never had any bad luck copping those though. Got my Carnival Sage Uni, Raw Indigos, Carnival Tan Beach Hoodie, a few AEs all at 60-70% off the last few months. Worst case I just return it so it’s worth the risk.

For sure. I do wonder though, why do these items randomly pop up in one size and one item left? I'm assuming they are returns?

nick227

Reaction score
For sure. I do wonder though, why do these items randomly pop up in one size and one item left? I'm assuming they are returns?

It’s definitely either returns or random items they found as stores reopen... at least here in Canada, stores just started reopening about 2-3 weeks ago. I actually copped this shirt at the beginning of the sale and had it cancelled, so I’m assuming this one is a return.

aaronj15

Reaction score
what size did you go with? and what's your height?
I sized up to an XL. I am 5’11.
For sure, man. At the end of the day, people take this stuff too seriously, to the point where there's somewhat of a popularity hierarchy going on. It should never get to that point. I'm obsessed with JE and I check their social media almost every day, but at the end of the day, it's just clothing.

How do the cuffs hold up?
I only wore them to try on, but if I end up keeping them I’ll post an update. They seem like they’ll hold up just fine in any position you put em in.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone on here have both haze and sonic uni tees? I have the haze and wondering if sonic fits the same?

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey all, sorry for any delay in reply here. Yes, LA Sweatpants will be available at stockists beyond John Elliott direct. If you do not see our exclusive tag on products, that is the case.

I will look into any size guide disparities. We do our best to provide accurate measurements, but like many businesses this takes a bit more time to look into given the current circumstances.

Yes, we sponsor this thread - "Official Affiliate" designates that. We of course understand there may be a wider discussion in here but do appreciate the members suggesting to keep it on-topic.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sized up to an XL. I am 5’11.

I only wore them to try on, but if I end up keeping them I’ll post an update. They seem like they’ll hold up just fine in any position you put em in.

What cast 2 size do you wear? Do you have to tie the waist for them to stay up? Fit still looks slim. I might have to do the same for a more relaxed fit

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads