• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1594340388746.png

I feel like this will work for men as well. Always wanted to try a 100% silk stuff

Pums

Reaction score
What are some skittles/white denim alternatives for someone with legs to thicc for JE?

spikefugazi

Reaction score
View attachment 1421376
I feel like this will work for men as well. Always wanted to try a 100% silk stuff
I feel like the women's line gets a lot more interesting pieces and cuts. Meanwhile, we get 10% silk while the rest is polyester and cotton. That's our "silk" piece. Even the cashmere products we get is sometimes just a very small percentage of actual cashmere. I'd rather not have the cashmere and pay a lower price for whatever fabric or composition the rest of the garment is.

Pums

Reaction score
Acne Studios. If you want a slim tapered fit, I recommend the River fit.
Good Looks. I only have two pairs of jeans that still fit acne and some slim SLP's. Acne renaming the fits has got me confused didn't know which pair to look into.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got some experience with the cream vandals? sizing? there's a 7.5 on Grailed for $100, fairly good condition. What's a fair price on second hand vandals in a decent condition?

spikefugazi

Reaction score
Good Looks. I only have two pairs of jeans that still fit acne and some slim SLP's. Acne renaming the fits has got me confused didn't know which pair to look into.
What's the fit of the Acne denim that you have? I became obsessed with Acne last fall, so I can help you out.

North: True skinny fit. Mid rise. Zipper closure.
River: Slim tapered fit with a high rise and a cropped length. Size up on the inseam if you don't want the crop. This is my preferred cut. Button closure.
Max: Same as always. Slim fit, low rise. Zipper closure.
1991, 1992, and 2003: All loose-fitting denim that you probably don't care for, so I won't elaborate on these.

ggss09

Reaction score

Acne North for Skinny
Acne Max for Slim
Acne River for Tapered Slim (has a cropped inseam though so size up on inseam or try in store)

ggss09

Reaction score
What's the fit of the Acne denim that you have? I became obsessed with Acne last fall, so I can help you out.

North: True skinny fit. Mid rise. Zipper closure.
River: Slim tapered fit with a high rise and a cropped length. Size up on the inseam if you don't want the crop. This is my preferred cut. Button closure.
Max: Same as always. Slim fit, low rise. Zipper closure.
1991, 1992, and 2003: All loose-fitting denim that you probably don't care for, so I won't elaborate on these.

I personally find the North's rise to be quite low (9 inches or so I believe), but otherwise its a great pair of jeans; never tried on Cast 2 so can't compare but for what they are I love them.

Copped a pair of River Jeans in mid blue on clearance, never wear them because the cropped inseam looks like women's capri's on me (28 inch inseam on a 6'1 frame). PM me if anyone wants them on the cheap cheap.

spikefugazi

Reaction score
I personally find the North's rise to be quite low (9 inches or so I believe), but otherwise its a great pair of jeans; never tried on Cast 2 so can't compare but for what they are I love them.

Copped a pair of River Jeans in mid blue on clearance, never wear them because the cropped inseam looks like women's capri's on me (28 inch inseam on a 6'1 frame). PM me if anyone wants them on the cheap cheap.
My problem with the Cast 2 is the low rise. If I were to compare, Acne's North and JE's Cast 2 are extremely similar in terms of fit. Rise is too low on both for me. Runs the risk of looking unflattering, as low rises tend to make people look shorter. Plus, jeans with low rise tend to sag and I have to constantly pull them up.

I prefer my jeans with a mid or high rise. River's ideal, but definitely be careful about the crop. Size up in length. 30x30 is more like 30x28.

Lextino

Reaction score
My problem with the Cast 2 is the low rise. If I were to compare, Acne's North and JE's Cast 2 are extremely similar in terms of fit. Rise is too low on both for me. Runs the risk of looking unflattering, as low rises tend to make people look shorter. Plus, jeans with low rise tend to sag and I have to constantly pull them up.

I prefer my jeans with a mid or high rise. River's ideal, but definitely be careful about the crop. Size up in length. 30x30 is more like 30x28.
Fugazi the timeline being flooded with your nonsense again ha nobody trying to hear about acne, Ksubi or off white you can’t even figure out your cast 2 size ha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics