• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

boxdok

Reaction score
Dillion Indigo by far is my favorite wash ever. The smaller leg opening and premium feel if the denim was clutch. I’m hoping they did improvements on the black version. Dillion black felt and fit totally different.

MTPromises

Reaction score
Dillion Indigo by far is my favorite wash ever. The smaller leg opening and premium feel if the denim was clutch. I’m hoping they did improvements on the black version. Dillion black felt and fit totally different.
How would you say they differ in feel and fit? I loved the stretch feel of the dillion black. Is there another cast 2 iteration that has a similar feel to the dillion indigo for reference?

Cuttooth

Reaction score
What is the "size up" supposed to affect specifically in terms of fit? I just compared the old product page with the Juliette page as I'm wearing those and they appear to list the same measurements. Are the real world measurements smaller all around?

Kger91

Reaction score
How much was retail back in the day for dillons? Wasn’t it 500+?

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the "size up" supposed to affect specifically in terms of fit? I just compared the old product page with the Juliette page as I'm wearing those and they appear to list the same measurements. Are the real world measurements smaller all around?
From the original drop you go up one size from your usual cast 2 size on Dillon indigo. The leg will fit similar to your usual size but the waist will be a little looser. The wash/distressing process on Dillon indigo make them fit smaller throughout the leg.
I tried my usual cast 2 size and couldn’t even pull them up past my thighs.

Dillon indigo feel more substantial in the way that a well worn pair of 14oz raw denim would feel after being broken in after 3-4 years. (I’m not sure of the real weight of them this is just a reference on feel). Most of the indigo raw based pairs are gonna feel similar in weight.
I rarely wear Dillon indigo during the hot months because of this.
There’s 2% stretch but I don’t feel it. Just feel like broken in raws.

Dillon black however are thin, stretchy, with good bounce back. Even though they are black I have no problem wearing them in the summer.

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much was retail back in the day for dillons? Wasn’t it 500+?
For some reason the two numbers that come to mind were $458 or $548. I just remember they were the first pair where everyone balked at the price. Just expect around $500. Both my pairs from 2017 are still going strong.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look sized up here.

Attachments

• D30CE2DC-61F9-41F8-A206-BA25A642113C.jpeg
    D30CE2DC-61F9-41F8-A206-BA25A642113C.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 81

Cuttooth

Reaction score
From the original drop you go up one size from your usual cast 2 size on Dillon indigo. The leg will fit similar to your usual size but the waist will be a little looser. The wash/distressing process on Dillon indigo make them fit smaller throughout the leg.
I tried my usual cast 2 size and couldn’t even pull them up past my thighs.

Dillon indigo feel more substantial in the way that a well worn pair of 14oz raw denim would feel after being broken in after 3-4 years. (I’m not sure of the real weight of them this is just a reference on feel). Most of the indigo raw based pairs are gonna feel similar in weight.
I rarely wear Dillon indigo during the hot months because of this.
There’s 2% stretch but I don’t feel it. Just feel like broken in raws.

Dillon black however are thin, stretchy, with good bounce back. Even though they are black I have no problem wearing them in the summer.

In reality my usual size should probably be closer to a 27 if it existed, so a 28 would likely still do. Thanks for the info. I'm curious how the black pair's stretch compares to others as my biggest problem is always in the waist.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As great as the Indigo wash is... the fit is horrendous. You have to size up and the waist is way too loose, and thighs still too tight.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For some reason the two numbers that come to mind were $458 or $548. I just remember they were the first pair where everyone balked at the price. Just expect around $500. Both my pairs from 2017 are still going strong.

iirc $548 was the retail price.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking $528?

edit:

Attachments

• C29EAD1C-466F-439C-81C5-85BD27122313.jpeg
    C29EAD1C-466F-439C-81C5-85BD27122313.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

spikefugazi

Reaction score
Can someone comment on the quality of the bowling shirts and whether or not they're worth getting?

spikefugazi

Reaction score
Yeah these grew on me, plus the mr porter price was too hard to pass up on
I bought a pair in my true size on Farfetch. The last time I sized down, it was for the Kane 2 Koto. Fit way too slim and uncomfortable for my liking, so I think going true to size is preferable for these cropped jeans. I won't have much of a problem with bagginess from the knee down anyway since they're cropped.

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I copped both Dillon’s from other members here just recently and I can say that the indigos are the tightest JE denim I have ever owned. Even more so than my Nimbus. I sized up to a 31 and they are still pretty tight in the calves. I am a 29 in Carbons and 30 in all indigo denim for JE.

amazing washes tho

spikefugazi

Reaction score
Prelude to Spring 2018 .. Bowling Shirts in Poppy and Joshua Tree worn with Cast 2 Shorts...I absolutely love these .. The prints and colors are amazing.. The Fit is perfect for me. It’s the same fit and material as SS17 S9 Jelly Shirt.. This will be my official summer 2018 go-to shirt.. JE makes the Best Bowling Shirt and the Prints are always on-point. Like I said before, Just like SLP, JE makes the second best and most original prints for half the price of SLP.. I’m very happy with these shirts.. This is a medium.. if you’re skinny size down, if you want it loose and casual go tts..

View attachment 928392 View attachment 928393
I'm two years late. Those shirts look good. If you ever want to sell the Joshua Tree shirt, let me know!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads