• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spikefugazi

Reaction score
How different is the carbon wash (Kane 2 or Cast 2) in person from the obsidians or other non-faded black denim?
I haven't seen it in person, but based on what I've seen online, it looks like it's faded to a charcoal color.

This is the Thumper Type II in Carbon:
THUMPER_JACKET_TYPE_II_CARBON_05_1424x.jpg

spikefugazi

Reaction score
36, you?

I’m at the point in my life where I don’t want to look back and think WTF was I thinking (again this is me personally at my current age, if I was younger or single, who knows what I’d be wearing)? So I usually just stick to basics, y’all know how I feel about pastels already ?
I feel this. I'm over a decade younger than you, but I'm hesitating on buying things like Vetements T-shirts no matter how cool they seem right now. I find myself going back to basics most of the time anyway. Example: Side-zip hoodies were cool at first, but now they're pretty lame. You can only rock that with the same elongated tees for so long.

Hasn’t happened to any of my anti expo tees (only tees I own by JE)
Do you hang them on hangers or fold them? Tried on an Anti-Expo tee before. Felt thicker than other JE tees. I like that.

spikefugazi

Reaction score
JE needs to release the Foggy sweaters again. That's the one item I want them to bring back. On that note, if you have a Foggy sweater in size medium and would be willing to sell, please let me know.

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wish I would have went Large on the crimson shorts. I like my sweat shorts a little shorter. Went XL and not a huge fan of the fit.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• DA564F88-E5AD-4DDC-975C-436D6A6F60B6.png
    DA564F88-E5AD-4DDC-975C-436D6A6F60B6.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
  • 1F7EA536-D2C8-4B08-A820-B4E04B5E437B.png
    1F7EA536-D2C8-4B08-A820-B4E04B5E437B.png
    943.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 45D144A5-CB1A-482B-AD0F-B90DEFFED4CA.png
    45D144A5-CB1A-482B-AD0F-B90DEFFED4CA.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 62

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My original point was about myself. I generally stick to basics. I’m too old for this ish. But I’m curious to see how you guys wear these items. No judgement, you do you. I just want to see some of these new items IRL and hear about what you guys think is cool and why

there’s a lot of stuff I see released and I would never consider it on initial impression (ecom shots have been off lately) but then I see someone rock it here in an interesting way and makes me reconsider what works and what doesn’t.
It’s interesting to hear your guys takes rather than just “cool” or “that blows”, why is it “cool” (how do you intend on wearing it?) or why does it “blow”?

so back to my initial question, y’all think the quartz thumper is cool?

I feel the same mostly. I'm almost 42..still love the JE gear but also into more classic fits from brands like RGT, 3sixteen, RRL etc.

Quartz thumper is a pass for me but I'm sure guys on here will rock it well...plus I have 2 thumpers. I generally prefer JE basics with the odd fun/unique piece.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel the same mostly. I'm almost 42..still love the JE gear but also into more classic fits from brands like RGT, 3sixteen, RRL etc.

Quartz thumper is a pass for me but I'm sure guys on here will rock it well...plus I have 2 thumpers. I generally prefer JE basics with the odd fun/unique piece.
Wtf. How the hell are you 42? Damn, goals

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads