• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Truly doing our best here to offer this silhouette at an appropriate price for Mainline, and continue to offer it in more colors through existing fabrications. We like to fill holes in our own closet and love this style, wanted it offered in mainline Terry (as I've said before, many others did to, although it only seems like a few here!). We're taking nothing away from you by offering both. Yes, it will return in 26 oz. at some point with other products. No - I don't know when yet. It's almost July.

How was the 26oz OS Cropped Crew/Hoodie received when you discussed internally?

quickstruck

Reaction score
I can't speak on the Uniform specifically, but I had last season's iteration of the sweats, as well as an older pair of Camper sweats, and they were much bigger than LA sweats lol.

My LA sweats are an S, and I could definitely do an M if I wanted it even baggier - the waist wouldn't be too huge if I tied it. The ALD sweats in S were pretty roomy honestly to the point that it was annoying to keep them at my waist even if I tied it. Fit in through the leg was slightly roomier too.
Agreed. I size down in ALD sweats.
30 in cast 2, M in all JE sweats, S in JE shorts, and S in ALD bottoms

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JE mask today.

Attachments

• CC7CDE23-19FA-4217-AAF5-377D79755748.jpeg
    CC7CDE23-19FA-4217-AAF5-377D79755748.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 65

due_dilla

Reaction score
We have already offered LA Sweatpants in other terry fabrications. IE. Carnival, etc. Apologies if you were confused by this - as stated many customers (including myself) wanted this option. We priced them for less accordingly and addressed it in the description. This is not the only style that has different variations within the parent name. We like this cut in general and will continue to offer it in different fabrications (including 26 oz.) Appreciate you and this forum - what in your eyes is inferior is something that is available as a mainline product due to demand, and costs less accordingly.

I might be the only one on the forum, but I personally am looking forward to a lighter LA sweatpants. I found the 26oz look great, but was a bit warm even when kicking it indoors.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see so many people here wearing 28-30 in cast 2 and M in sweats. Is that how sizing is for sweats?
I wear 30-31 and I got the smalls in LA sweats. Haven't received them yet but are they going to be too small for me? the main reason for going for S was the length, as I'm a bit on the shorter side at 5'6.

Jde754

Reaction score
Just want to say I’ve been lurking this forum from time to time and am glad to be contributing now. I was too lazy to go through the sign up process ?
As a digital product manager though I’m jealous of John Elliott as a brand. This forum right here is a product managers dream. It doesn’t get closer to the customer than this. So as long as JE continues to mine these insights and this customer feedback the brand will continue to grow and move forward in the right direction!

nick227

Reaction score
I see so many people here wearing 28-30 in cast 2 and M in sweats. Is that how sizing is for sweats?
I wear 30-31 and I got the smalls in LA sweats. Haven't received them yet but are they going to be too small for me? the main reason for going for S was the length, as I'm a bit on the shorter side at 5'6.

I’m a 30 and 5’9 it fits me fine. But if I were any larger it’d probably be iffy - given that you’re 5’6 I think they’ll be alright

Lextino

Reaction score
I’m the same height I wear 29 in cast 2 and wear size small in the LA sweats

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Truly doing our best here to offer this silhouette at an appropriate price for Mainline, and continue to offer it in more colors through existing fabrications. We like to fill holes in our own closet and love this style, wanted it offered in mainline Terry (as I've said before, many others did to, although it only seems like a few here!). We're taking nothing away from you by offering both. Yes, it will return in 26 oz. at some point with other products. No - I don't know when yet. It's almost July.

hey mike. I think if you guys just would’ve wrote

“LA sweatpant offered in our custom 16oz knit terry This Tuesday” on Instagram there wouldn’t be all this banter

people just feel catfished Man. Don’t overthink it!!

I don’t think anyone is upset with the product or colors. There was just an expectation, esp with them always being out of stock

Titothejawnman

Reaction score
I’m not questioning quality or price based on weight. Simply pointing out that there is a gap between what people think they want and what will work in production. These will be droopy and sloppy because the weight doesn’t match the cut - that’s the inferiority I’m thinking of. And will stretch and bag to be unwearable. It’s clear on the model shots. Similar to the “Aladdin” raw hem sweats a couple years back that just pooled up at your ankles.

With insights like this, why don’t you have your own brand?

Would be first in line to buy Bimmer93+CO’s Burbank sweats!!

aaronj15

Reaction score
they were pretty slick with basically no hype up to the release, as well having the model sitting in chair for the teaser shot on IG. I got a pair, if they are no good then I'll just return em. Looks like plum is selling out too

Jde754

Reaction score
Continuing the discussion on outerwear in the summer I’m thinking of letting my Skittles Thumper go. Size XL worn three times, and I still have the tags.
If anyone is interested lmk. Also as I mentioned I’m new here if this isn’t the right place to post JE items for sale, can someone direct me to the right spot within Style Forum?
Thank you ??

Attachments

• 590E99ED-2629-4FC2-B721-C98B5687A892.jpeg
    590E99ED-2629-4FC2-B721-C98B5687A892.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 36BEE59B-7A2A-42A2-B815-0684DAA4238E.jpeg
    36BEE59B-7A2A-42A2-B815-0684DAA4238E.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 72

edlox

Reaction score
Continuing the discussion on outerwear in the summer I’m thinking of letting my Skittles Thumper go. Size XL worn three times, and I still have the tags.
If anyone is interested lmk. Also as I mentioned I’m new here if this isn’t the right place to post JE items for sale, can someone direct me to the right spot within Style Forum?
Thank you ??
buy sell thread, sir

spikefugazi

Reaction score
hey mike. I think if you guys just would’ve wrote

“LA sweatpant offered in our custom 16oz knit terry This Tuesday” on Instagram there wouldn’t be all this banter

people just feel catfished Man. Don’t overthink it!!

I don’t think anyone is upset with the product or colors. There was just an expectation, esp with them always being out of stock
This is exactly what I'm thinking. If anything, this just shows how much we appreciate the original LA Sweatpants, so I hope the JE team doesn't take this the wrong way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads