• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bimmer93

Reaction score
We are not done with 26 oz. fabric. It is an easy and obvious transition for us to offer best selling silhouettes in our mainline fabrication. We distinguished the terry weight by price. As much as the SF crew here may be disappointed in this particular release, many people wanted a lighter weight option. We love 26 oz. too!

@MIKE_JE what is the weight of the Ebisus and Escobars for reference?

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has je ever done sweats in a light grey like below?

crewneck2_1024x1024.jpg

the OG grey was this shade before they switched to the shade that’s been there for years now

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Makes sense the LA sweats are 16 ounce, I never got why they named it LA when it's 26 ounces and you can only wear it in SoCal for like 1.5 seasons tops.

Re: the fit, is the model really wearing size large? They don't really look relaxed on the skinny model. Unless it's just the way it drapes versus the 26 ounce version

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of our mainline Terry is the same weight.
So can you confirm that these 16oz LAs won’t stack as well as the og 26oz version because of the weight or is it because of the model in the pics? Everyone is looking for the look of the prior version.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Makes sense the LA sweats are 16 ounce, I never got why they named it LA when it's 26 ounces and you can only wear it in SoCal for like 1.5 seasons tops.

Re: the fit, is the model really wearing size large? They don't really look relaxed on the skinny model. Unless it's just the way it drapes versus the 26 ounce version

But who the hell is gonna wear sweats in LA the other 2.5 seasons anyway!?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But who the hell is gonna wear sweats in LA the other 2.5 seasons anyway!?

You only wear the mainline sweats for like 1.5 seasons? Before the pandemic shut everything down I was wearing ebisu sweats at least 3 days a week: to work, errands, etc. It was just so easy. I live in NorCal where it's a little bit cooler in the warmer months but not by much.

I just can't wear 26 ounce sweats unless it's in the low 60s or colder but my body temperature runs hot.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You only wear the mainline sweats for like 1.5 seasons? Before the pandemic shut everything down I was wearing ebisu sweats at least 3 days a week: to work, errands, etc. It was just so easy. I live in NorCal where it's a little bit cooler in the warmer months but not by much.

I just can't wear 26 ounce sweats unless it's in the low 60s or colder but my body temperature runs hot.

I’m in the Bay Area. I consider sweats doable for 1/2 the year - 2nd half of Fall/Winter/1st half of Spring, maybe some one offs here and there. I can do the 26oz in those specified timeframes though. To me, the fit and look are worth a little extra heat at times.

quickstruck

Reaction score
LA heat >>>>> SF heat. LA is just unrelenting. I’m in SF at the moment and I can def put on a pair of sweats and a tee and be fine outdoors during the day. In LA I’d be cooking and wearing sweats outdoors is just a nonstarter

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LA heat >>>>> SF heat. LA is just unrelenting. I’m in SF at the moment and I can def put on a pair of sweats and a tee and be fine outdoors during the day. In LA I’d be cooking and wearing sweats outdoors is just a nonstarter

not inland Bay Area. I live in Livermore and the heat is on par if not hotter than la

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads