• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thatsoutbro

Reaction score
Serious question and not looking to be rude here.. But this brand is in line with Amiri and the equivalents in terms of quality in my opinion. Amiri’s prices are astronomical at $600+ retail for similar items and JE nearly always comes at half the expense if not lower.

Why are you guys constantly complaining over a raised margin over the course of 2-4 years ago especially when you know you have a chance to grab the pieces you like once they hit the sale? I don’t understand the logic. They seem to be more than fair and in line with the luxury fashion market. Am I missing something?

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Serious question and not looking to be rude here.. But this brand is in line with Amiri and the equivalents in terms of quality in my opinion. Amiri’s prices are astronomical at $600+ retail for similar items and JE nearly always comes at half the expense if not lower.

Why are you guys constantly complaining over a raised margin over the course of 2-4 years ago especially when you know you have a chance to grab the pieces you like once they hit the sale? I don’t understand the logic. They seem to be more than fair and in line with the luxury fashion market. Am I missing something?

I think at times the pricing can be a little excessive regardless of the market it is in. But yes, a lot of times you can really see who the cheap ***** are around here, asking for **** for 1/2 of the price every time ?.

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it’s because they started out as the brand with attention to detail, execution, quality, while at a premium but attainable price. If you think this is complaining you should’ve been around when they first released the price of Dillon’s and really moved into the high price point range. Granted back then you could never find JE on sale and if you did it was at best 20% off and it would all be gone as soon as members found out.

Also, while I agree with JE being great quality on the majority of their offerings, I just have to disagree with it being on the same level as Amiri.
Amiri is more like SLP in quality. Makes sense considering the majority of their line is a pretty derivative take on Hedi era SLP.
Now is it $650 for a flannel quality?
No, but it is to me higher quality than any of my JE flannels.
The denim is pretty amazing quality as well. There aren’t any cut corners. Everything from the signed hardware to the interior hang loops are quality materials.
I prefer most of my Cast 2’s in wash and variety but the details aren’t on the same level and now they don’t even have their signature double layer’s.
I think JE nails pricing considering the market and competition but sometimes they reeeaaalllyy have me scratching my head on somethings.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't complain about the price, but JE is absolutely at the highest end of what I would pay for clothing. So I'm usually scrapping the bottom of the barrel with sales and on grailed :D

Jcosia

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m new here, recently found out about John elliott ans immediately loved the brand that I’ve bought multiple pieces, I bought the canopy cargo pants and was wondering if anybody owns a pair and could tell me their experience with it! Thx

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it’s because they started out as the brand with attention to detail, execution, quality, while at a premium but attainable price. If you think this is complaining you should’ve been around when they first released the price of Dillon’s and really moved into the high price point range. Granted back then you could never find JE on sale and if you did it was at best 20% off and it would all be gone as soon as members found out.

Also, while I agree with JE being great quality on the majority of their offerings, I just have to disagree with it being on the same level as Amiri.
Amiri is more like SLP in quality. Makes sense considering the majority of their line is a pretty derivative take on Hedi era SLP.
Now is it $650 for a flannel quality?
No, but it is to me higher quality than any of my JE flannels.
The denim is pretty amazing quality as well. There aren’t any cut corners. Everything from the signed hardware to the interior hang loops are quality materials.
I prefer most of my Cast 2’s in wash and variety but the details aren’t on the same level and now they don’t even have their signature double layer’s.
I think JE nails pricing considering the market and competition but sometimes they reeeaaalllyy have me scratching my head on somethings.
I would agree with you, I am not a fan of most amiri pieces, but their quality, at least on the items I own, are next level. Better quality than the SLP pieces I own. RiRi zippers on jeans, seams are tapped. On the flannels they reinforced the plackets and used custom buttons. These are just a few examples, but it is very high quality. I agree with you though, the quality doesn’t amount to >600 for a flannel or denim, but I think other designers should take note.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t have the Paloma check one yet looking too buy didn’t really pass on it tho ha

What do you think of the Nova Plaid? How does the material compare to the Speedway, which is washed? Is the Nova thicker at all?

Titothejawnman

Reaction score
I think at times the pricing can be a little excessive regardless of the market it is in. But yes, a lot of times you can really see who the cheap ***** are around here, asking for **** for 1/2 of the price every time ?.
Couldn’t agree more. This is a luxury brand. Price point reflects that.

With that said, I don’t know why my Anti expo tees develop holes in them as easily as they do

Thatguyjlar

Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more. This is a luxury brand. Price point reflects that.

With that said, I don’t know why my Anti expo tees develop holes in them as easily as they do
Amen: W2kop __(insert piece in stock on literally every merchant’s website)__. Hmu if u lookin to sell on tha lo.

If you do this, don’t. Nobody’s looking to give their **** away.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If anyone is a L or XL this is an insane price

Lextino

Reaction score
What do you think of the Nova Plaid? How does the material compare to the Speedway, which is washed? Is the Nova thicker at all?
I like it a lot it’s dope piece. The material is definitely thicker and a little heavier Not soft like the speedway one..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads