• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My complex is huge and there are tons of people moving around all day, everyday. People are sick of this.

I live in Livermore and we have had 50 cases total since March. Dublin and Pleasanton are both similar. This extended lockdown is basically overreach by the elected officials

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in Livermore and we have had 50 cases total since March. Dublin and Pleasanton are both similar. This extended lockdown is basically overreach by the elected officials

Yup and it’s not based on lockdown, because
1. Only “non-essential” (? all business is essential one way or another) businesses are closed.
2. Everyone is still doing **** outdoors.

Lextino

Reaction score
And we done our part. The curve is bent. The hospitals have supplies and beds. We sheltered for that, not until a vaccine or cure was found. The local economic fallout will be catastrophic. You can easily go to the north bay, Sacramento or Santa Cruz down and get all the services and restaurants you want. Only ones suffering are the local establishments that can’t open. People are still moving freely
vaccines is the real killer..

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea the whole lockdown is stupid. It was initially billed as being so hospitals wouldn't be overwhelmed but they were never even close to being filled to capacity in the Bay Area. It is definitely government overreach.

Then the stupid Santa Clara County public health director is crying that things are opening up again. Of course it's easy to say as it doesn't affect you, you're still making a 6 figure salary. I've had friends/family who were financially hurt/impacted far greater than anything the virus will do to them. People have been unable to pay their rent/mortgage because of the economic shutdown.

I'm extremely lucky I still have a job and can WFH. Others weren't so fortunate.

Last edited:

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea the whole lockdown is stupid. It was initially billed as being so hospitals wouldn't be overwhelmed but they were never even close to being filled to capacity in the Bay Area. It is definitely government overreach.

Then the stupid Santa Clara County public health director is crying that things are opening up again. Of course it's easy to say as it doesn't affect you, you're still making a 6 figure salary. I've had friends/family who were financially hurt/impacted far greater than anything the virus will do to them. People have been unable to pay their rent/mortgage because of the economic shutdown.

agreed. I don’t see any elected official donating their pay to help those financially impacted by their decisions stay afloat.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the worst parts is how people try painting this as a left vs right thing, and if you are against Shelter in Place, you’re automatically right wing ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️. No, not at all. Personally, I don’t align with any side politically, and just call it how I see it depending on the topic. This is really about calling bullshit regarding the fear tactics, political and media manipulation, and being for people to live their damn lives, and keep what they have built.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Any time you don't share the same point of view that the left has they call you right wing as if it is an insult (to them it is). I'm an independent too.

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty excited to see that JE is releasing some footwear. I really want a restock on the nubucks as my current pair is being worn out.

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
guys, what sounds worse:

sheltering in place for a while longer so that we can further contain the virus and slow its spread

OR

opening up too soon and allowing the virus to spread quickly again, which in turn would bring about yet another need for an even longer shelter order (oh, and more people would die)

the economy is ruined regardless, except in the latter scenario, where it gets ruined even further because we have to shelter again (due to how stupidly impatient and selfish people are)

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
not so much JE related, but does anyone own and currently wear Pure Blue Japan? If I normally purchase a 32 in JE, what size do I do for PBJ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads