• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find the masks uncomfortable too, especially in the heat. I don’t mind wearing it though if it means they can safely open up. The shelter in place is getting old now, especially when my city has less than 50 cases since March.

Exactly.

januarytwenty

Reaction score
Always thought this, but it’s working for me and I’ve only spent a few hundred bucks there over the past year
Grr. I’ve spent quite a bit there for the last couple of years and didn’t get a private invite. Was looking at purchasing the red hemi shirt from John Elliott. If you have access to private sale, do you mind telling me how much it is after sale? I may just pull trigger and buy it and ask for a price adjustment.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grr. I’ve spent quite a bit there for the last couple of years and didn’t get a private invite. Was looking at purchasing the red hemi shirt from John Elliott. If you have access to private sale, do you mind telling me how much it is after sale? I may just pull trigger and buy it and ask for a price adjustment.
It’s $206.50. Funny you say that, I’ve been waiting for that piece as well. Still unsure if I want to size down, model is 6’2” with a medium and it looks like an ideal fit. I’m 5’10” and would typically go with M.

januarytwenty

Reaction score
It’s $206.50. Funny you say that, I’ve been waiting for that piece as well. Still unsure if I want to size down, model is 6’2” with a medium and it looks like an ideal fit. I’m 5’10” and would typically go with M.
Thanks for the info! I was just gonna go with a large since there’s not MUCH different between in sizing between M and L. Large is a tad longer but I think I can manage.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems like you get an invite if you buy something for that season. I generally have gotten an invite if I bought a pair of socks of something expensive. Anytime I don’t buy something for the current season, I don’t get an invite.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems like you get an invite if you buy something for that season. I generally have gotten an invite if I bought a pair of socks of something expensive. Anytime I don’t buy something for the current season, I don’t get an invite.
I don’t think I’ve bought anything for like a year lol

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve bought anything for like a year lol

I guess my theory is out the window then lol. I generally get the invite and have gotten it for the last several years. A few times I haven’t but I figured I didn’t buy anything during that period.

its not really worth it to buy anything right now anyway unless it’s a hot item. Most of the other stuff goes on deeper discount than 30% off

tommo

Reaction score

Don’t size down.

I have the Hemi in red and ordered medium large and XL, my size is Large.

the medium made it look like a normal shirt and you lose the oversize aesthetic. XL was too much.

just get your size, it’s a brilliant flannel, probably the best I own and I have SLP, Amiri etc in the collection.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always thought this, but it’s working for me and I’ve only spent a few hundred bucks there over the past year
Ha, yeah I think you just needed to be a consistent shopper at some point

Have always gotten the PS invite and didn't get it this season. Who knows what all goes in to the algorithm.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t size down.

I have the Hemi in red and ordered medium large and XL, my size is Large.

the medium made it look like a normal shirt and you lose the oversize aesthetic. XL was too much.

just get your size, it’s a brilliant flannel, probably the best I own and I have SLP, Amiri etc in the collection.
Damn okay I appreciate this advice. I’m a big SLP flannel guy myself but the wash on this one caught my eye right away.

tommo

Reaction score
Yeah it’s great, but you can’t mess around on the sizing. It’s a classic TTS, over and it swamps you, under and it’s.... well it’s under!

thatsoutbro

Reaction score
Just got in the balboa ink hoodie from ssense. Bought both a large and medium due to the sizing discrepancies. This thing is stunning in person but holy **** does it run small. Large fits exactly like my ecru in a medium.

My only gripe is the long sleeves but I’m sure I’ll get used to it.

24DBF302-EB6F-4871-A28F-9032D4E402A7.jpeg

JimWonzaki

Reaction score
Anyone know if it's possible to shrink a JE os hoodie? Bought an S and it's really baggy instead of an oversized look

white collar

Reaction score
Your mileage may vary but I just put a Mr. Porter in about 11am got a shipping notification at 2pm and ups says I'll get it tomorrow. I wouldn't worry too much about the banner that says it will take longer to receive your order.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics