• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And a funny one at that. I appreciated the humor and got a kick out of the insta stories.
Sorry but dudes behavior and language esp. when he pulled out the gun and told them tigers he was gonna shoot them and called them a ***** is not a funny joke to me. My wife and I don’t get offended easily at all, but our jaws were down to the floor on that scene and truly disgusted by the type of human this guy was.

Nothing against JE at all, as you know I’m a JE fuccboii. But this release would have been fine without the Joe exotic references on IG.

Lovemybed

Reaction score
1 week too late. Would have loved to sport this watching tiger king. That moment has passed.

Sorry but dudes behavior and language esp. when he pulled out the gun and told them tigers he was gonna shoot them and called them a ***** is not a funny joke to me. My wife and I don’t get offended easily at all, but our jaws were down to the floor on that scene and truly disgusted by the type of human this guy was.

Nothing against JE at all, as you know I’m a JE fuccboii. But this release would have been fine without the Joe exotic references on IG.

Not to be a hater, but you made a joke about it last week lol. It's a bit hypocritical? But in your defense people are allowed to change their minds, especially after some reflection.

And I don't want to tell people what to be offended by and what not, but there is unfortunately viler things happening in this world than what was on that documentary. That newscaster said it best, they can show people getting shot and dying daily, people won't care, but once an animal gets abused people take notice. I mean look at how certain kinds of people are getting treated right now during this crisis. Look at what the Supreme Court ruled in favor of and think of why that happened. The underlying message/issue. But I'm not going to get into that in a JE thread.

It was clearly a joke. Not a good one though. Very corny lol. But IMO, nothing to really care about. And honestly, after typing all that, I can get why a person would just shake their head at the joke, but I'm sure the majority of people got a good kick out of it. It was too obvious not to do lol.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, you’re right. But, still, why would JE taint one of their products with Joe E’s name. Could have left that for the consumers to do.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s my point. To play along with it, took away from the product for me. Now that’s what I see when I see those shorts.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^ Appreciate the input from all angles. We photographed these down in Costa Rica back in December, it was the obvious progression from Lynx. The timing of delivery was too perfect and we wanted to have fun with it - just trying to be lighthearted here. I'm at no loss for the fact these aren't upstanding characters, but the series was entertaining, and Joe can definitely get a fit off.

WhaleShark

Reaction score
Staring into the void. Oak LA sweats.
B262C2B3-1D36-42B9-AB2A-6D123CA6E035.jpeg

Yoshi

Reaction score
Copped pearl LA sweats & the midnight bloom practice shorts, let's see what the hype is about.

MichaelPatrick0

Reaction score

I’m sure JE as a whole does not endorse tiger king as a person, more of the fact that it was trending so it was suitable.

Yoshi

Reaction score
Has anyone ever purchased anything from the women's line as a gift? Or does one know of anyone who has any womens' items? How is the line? Any suggestions? Have a birthday coming up and trying to think of some gifts.
I've got my girlfriend an ivy jacket and one of the sail pullovers. She likes them, tricky if you don't know their sizing. I like the half zipped women's villains.

MTPromises

Reaction score
Ditto what @Lextino said. They are super comfy. Prior to b-ball shorts/Escobars/game shorts being my everyday uniform locked down in the crib, I found myself wearing them often. But they quickly have become one of my favorite JE washes.
Well damn. I caved. Picked up a pair for $270 usd. I'll have to try and move some stuff I have tags on still to make room for these. Appreciate the responses

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads