• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

turbospartan

Reaction score
Some stuff 30% off here... not sure if thats the best deal you can find with Nordstrom having a bunch of 40% off, but just thought I'd drop it here in case:

Promo Code: SUPPORTLOCAL30

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Raw indigos arrived from Nordstrom with layered effect. The 29s fit just like my Canyons in a 28 but not as slim through the calves. Fits well overall but not as good as my nimbus in the same size which is what I was hoping for.

Last edited:

turbospartan

Reaction score
Raw indigos arrived from Nordstrom with layered effect. The 29s fit just like my Canyons in a 28. Fits well overall but not as good as my nimbus in the same size which is what I was hoping for.

How is the fit different from your Nimbus?

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the fit different from your Nimbus?

My nimbus still retained a slimmer fit throughout the thighs and legs as well as a strong tapered hem when sizing up. Sizing up in the raw indigo helped in the waist but the legs arent as slim and the hem doesn’t taper as much as the 28s did. They really do fit like the spruce and canyon denim that dropped in the fall.

Last edited:

Deceive

Reaction score
Raw Indigos came in from Nordstrom and they are so tight I can’t even button them ? if anyone is interested in sz 30 for what I paid + shipping let me know, they have the double pocket detail as well

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Raw Indigos came in from Nordstrom and they are so tight I can’t even button them ? if anyone is interested in sz 30 for what I paid + shipping let me know, they have the double pocket detail as well

Im pretty sure you can return them if nobody wants them.

Wally_SF

Reaction score
This is what sucks, do you think we’re seeing this with JE? Have they grown large enough to do that? I still figured they’re still a somewhat smaller business.
Judging by the overall consensus on here and the IG comments, id have to say yes, the quality cuts have been undeniable. However everything changes in time and JE is probably no exception to that. The aesthetic from a couple years ago was goat, JE truly had the golden touch. Drop days were exciting and everyone was buying. Nowadays the majority just waits until sale season. The price increases may play a hand in that, they just seem frivolous tbh. This would be justified if quality improved, but it just isn't the case

I am sure the JE team has been busy with the womens line, the flagship, expanding etc. Even the styling has worsened. I used to cop full fits of this alone. Maybe the styling has been delegated to someone else, just seems uninspired compared to what it was. Maybe its just growing pains

Hey guys need some JE advise while sale is going on.

Ive had the Escobars for a while, the old style with the thick waist cord. I’m 6’2” 180 wear size 31/32 in denim. The escobars are size 4 and I was fine with that for while but I feel like I want to go slimmer. They sag A LOT in the back and just generally look sloppy and very baggy now. Should I be getting a size 2 or 3? I don’t want skin tight fit, I’m just apprehensive cause I feel like a size 3 will just stretch out and be baggy as well.

just looking for input.

Thanks in advance ??

I have been tempted to pick up another pair myself, but everytime i reach for mine I am reminded of what they end up like. I dont think ill be buying anymore until this is addressed by either reinforcing the knees and top block or using a thicker terry, or dropping price. It should be a focus of the brand considering

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 5.57.43 PM.png

turbospartan

Reaction score
My nimbus still retained a slimmer fit throughout the thighs and legs as well as a strong tapered hem when sizing up. Sizing up in the raw indigo helped in the waist but the legs arent as slim and the hem doesn’t taper as much as the 28s did. They really do fit like the spruce and canyon denim that dropped in the fall.

Hmmm interesting. I guess I'll see how mine fit once they arrive. I stayed TTS (30, same as Nimbus) even with people commenting that they fit tight / suggesting to size down... as my Nimbus 30 waist and thighs are a bit loose.

Jliu88

Reaction score
Hmmm interesting. I guess I'll see how mine fit once they arrive. I stayed TTS (30, same as Nimbus) even with people commenting that they fit tight / suggesting to size down... as my Nimbus 30 waist and thighs are a bit loose.
I went true to size and it fits well which is same as my nimbus. I also tried a size up from 33 to 34 and it was too big.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’m sure you be fine. My original pair in my tts je size was extremely snug and never stretch even around 20 wears. Being patient and in due time I’m sure they’ll be incredible and for knowing this based on some pics we’ve seen recently, I regret getting rid of my original pair.

I don’t regret sizing up in my nimbus because they fit great throughout the legs but I do need a belt with them.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Judging by the overall consensus on here and the IG comments, id have to say yes, the quality cuts have been undeniable. However everything changes in time and JE is probably no exception to that. The aesthetic from a couple years ago was goat, JE truly had the golden touch. Drop days were exciting and everyone was buying. Nowadays the majority just waits until sale season. The price increases may play a hand in that, they just seem frivolous tbh. This would be justified if quality improved, but it just isn't the case

I am sure the JE team has been busy with the womens line, the flagship, expanding etc. Even the styling has worsened. I used to cop full fits of this alone. Maybe the styling has been delegated to someone else, just seems uninspired compared to what it was. Maybe its just growing pains

I have been tempted to pick up another pair myself, but everytime i reach for mine I am reminded of what they end up like. I dont think ill be buying anymore until this is addressed by either reinforcing the knees and top block or using a thicker terry, or dropping price. It should be a focus of the brand considering

View attachment 1365171

Have to jump in here. While I don't normally do this, I'd just like to chime in and let you know that it's the same team at JE grinding it out (myself included!) since I started this thread in 2013.

We've grown a bit...added some wonderful employees to the team - and at the end of each day - we run an honest business. We aren't price gouging you like some contemporaries. We put out the highest quality product we can with the best price we can offer. That's been the same since we started.

Speaking on the Escobar specifically, that product hasn't changed since 2014. Same composition, same mill, same fit. We updated the drawstring to have aglets - the quality improved. The cynicism is a bit disheartening as we haven't cut corners or quality on anything. We work to improve it across the board.

Last edited:

Lovemybed

Reaction score
Have to jump in here. While I don't normally do this, I'd just like to chime in and let you know that it's the same team at JE grinding it out (myself included!) since I started this thread in 2013.

We've grown a bit...added some wonderful employees to the team - and at the end of each day - we run an honest business. We aren't price gouging you like some contemporaries. We put out the highest quality product we can with the best price we can offer. That's been the same since we started.

Speaking on the Escobar specifically, that product hasn't changed since 2014. Same composition, same mill, same fit. We updated the drawstring to have aglets - the quality improved. The cynicism is a bit disheartening as we haven't cut corners or quality on anything. We work to improve it across the board.

In regards to the Escobar complaint, I don't think he was saying the quality of the Escobar has dropped. He's saying the Escobar bags out too much due to the terry material not being able to retain it's shape. Therefore, he's hoping for some innovation or change to create less of the bag effect. Don't want to speak for someone else, but that's what I got out of that second part of the post.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads